Employee Relations Specialist across Essex & East Anglia £50,000
Your new company
An Employee Relations Specialist is required for a large organisation covering Essex and East Anglia
Your new role
The Employee Relations Team has developed a challenging employee relations strategy which is supported by a team of Employee Relations Managers and Specialists across the UK who, working with our wider HR team and operational managers, make a real difference. You will get exposure to many different aspects of the business as the role is set in a diverse environment offering you the opportunity to be hands-on, working side by side with all of our business areas.
- To act as a first point of contact for line managers on employee relations (ER) matters, providing specialist advice and solutions in line with current legislation. This will include but not limited to disciplinary, grievances, investigations, restructures and capability. Liaise with the company's legal advisors in relation to more complex cases and support the ER and Policy development manager and external solicitors with the management of employment tribunal claims as required.
- Develop the capacity of line managers to manage a range of ER problems locally, developing management styles to foster positive working relationships with employees, minimising the occurrence of line management problems and issues and fostering a positive climate for ER activity.
- To coach and develop managers to be competent and consistent in their execution of the HR policies and procedures encouraging problems to be dealt with informally and as soon as possible, rather than allowing situations to escalate.
- To proactively manage and support the company in relation to all elements of TUPE and Mergers and Acquisitions. Ensuring all relevant processes are followed and compliance is met.
- To foster and support a partnership relationship with the unions at local level. To form part of the negotiations team for local pay negotiations and to identify with unions and contract managers joint initiatives and proactively participate in quarterly ER climate meetings. When applicable work with the contract manager to respond to any trade disputes and set contingency plans to minimise the impact on the service and bring the dispute to a swift conclusion.
- To work collaboratively with the HR Relationship Managers within the designated contract areas on a range of people and organisational matters.
- To have oversight of absence management in the designated area and to work with senior managers to reduce absence levels in the designated contract areas.
- To work flexibly across the region as required supporting colleagues on projects and work activity.
What you'll need to succeed
- Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum level 7 CIPD or equivalent qualification. Chartered member of CIPD or working towards this with evidence of continuous professional development.
- Previous experience in an HR Generalist or ER role within a unionised and regulated environment.
- Proven ER experience including advising on complex disciplinary and grievance issues with the ability to apply the relevant legal principles and risk assessment.
- Experience of supporting large scale organisational change and restructuring programmes including TUPE, redundancy and contractual variations.
- Experience of partnering with trade unions and a good understanding of the trade union framework and collective bargaining.
- Strong communication and influencing skills with the ability to interact across all levels of management.
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving ability and ability to deliver results to demanding deadlines.
- Experience of mediating disputes and bringing matters to a positive conclusion.
- Previous experience of advising and guiding senior stakeholders on a range of people matters in a comparable work environment.
What you'll get in return
For the right candidate this position offers a great challenge and an amazing opportunity to be part of a fantastic journey. This is a role for a candidate with drive, energy and enthusiasm who thrives on challenge and high volume work activity. This post will be based within the Central Region team and will involve substantial geographical travel and occasional overnight stays. Other benefits include: 25 days holiday, bonus, car allowance, pension.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.