Senior ER Manager
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £90000 - £110000 per annum
- Employee Relations
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
A superb role is now available within a City based Financial Services provider - Senior ER Manager. The position is a senior level role on the EMEA HR team for the business and the purpose is to partner with HR and the business to offer a 1st class, proactive ER offering.
The successful candidate will be responsible for taking control of any formal employee relations proceedings. Additionally to this a large part of the role will being proactive, working with business leads and managers to train and upskill them on any ER matters, ensuring that they are able to identify and handle any issues before they move into a formal direction.
This position will be a true subject matter on all ER matters and will be able to advise from both a legal and commercial view.
We are looking for candidates that have worked previously as employment lawyers but that have made the transition into an inhouse role and are now looking for their next challenge.
- Development and delivery of a robust ER strategy aligned to business priorities;
- Promotion of a progressive culture through the management of complex ER cases;
- Provide problem resolution/support to HR Business Partners, HR leadership team and business leaders for all complex ER matters;
- Ensure that the relationship between the business and its employees is managed appropriately, identifying key risks to the business and to the HR leadership team;
- Manage the internal processes for disciplinary matters and formal complaints by employees; preparing, reviewing case related documentation and reporting any recommendations and conclusions;
- Develop HR capability to understand and apply employment law, policies and practices. Ensure consistency and manage risks through ongoing support and appropriate training;
- Support policy development in line with best practice, legal requirements and in support of strategic objectives;
- Effectively manage key internal stakeholders particularly the interaction with Compliance and Legal functions to ensure that functional boundaries are acknowledged and adhered;
- Provide HR global leadership team with regular updates and oversee the production of statistical reporting;
- Work with Legal in the preparation of case outcomes and hand over at appropriate point.
- Be aware of your role as a leader; set the tone in your area, emphasise the importance of adhering to the Code of Conduct, and discharging your risk management responsibilities. Be proactive and deliver thorough risk management driving behaviours which comply with policies;
- Ensure that you and your team are fully aware of and adhere to internal policies that relate to you, your role or any other activities for which you have any level of responsibility;
- Take responsibility for the implementation and maintenance of policies, processes, systems and controls as required by the Risk function and the Policy Owners;
- Receive and review management information (MI) relating to breaches and trends; take these into account when reviewing conduct;
- Qualified employment lawyer
- Has significant hands-on experience of dealing with ER matters
- Have experience in dealing with business restructuring such as head count reduction, TUPE, office moves, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders outside of the immediate department 'to get the job done'
- Previous work essential in the financial markets preferable, but not essential
- Personable and engaging, can deliver unpalatable messages in a composed manner
- Communicates effectively and efficiently to internal and external stakeholders
- Builds relationships and networks in order to be the trusted advisor
- Constructively handles disagreements to reach a resolution
- Ability to work with diverse groups/ personalities
- Seeks opportunities for improvements
- Can think around a situation, pulling together many strands with the policy at the forefront of the decision
- Demonstrates high levels of energy in seeking out and achieving new goals
- Able to challenge and push back effectively
- Shows evidence of being comfortable working in fast paced or pressured environments