- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
- £18000.00 - £19000.00 per annum
- HR Assistant
- Job Level
- Assistant / Administrator /Co-ordinator
- Transport & Logistics
- Contract type
Your new company
My client are a leading 3rd party logistics provider with multiple sites based in Staffordshire and an exclusive contract with one of the UK's largest retail groups. They now have a requirement for a HR Assistant to join their HR team based at the Stoke on Trent site.
Your new role
- An essential supporting role to the HR and site management team.
- Reporting to the HR Advisor.
- To assist the HR team with policy and procedure implementation in line with the site and company terms and conditions.
- General HR co-ordination and administration including;
- Supporting high volume recruitment activity across all levels / departments
- Completion of documentation to a high standard for submission to our Shared Services department
- Maintaining sickness absence and disciplinary records
- Preparing induction packs
- Ongoing maintenance of Personnel records and files
- Coordinating management training
- To provide a professional service to all employees, the public and external organisations ensuring that all queries are dealt with effectively.
- Generating various HR reports.
- Supporting the HR / management team with ER issues, in particular with disciplinary and grievance issues.
- Assisting the HR Advisor & HR Manager drive employee engagement initiatives across the site.
- Supporting any HR / site projects and assisting the further growth plans of this busy site.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally should be able to demonstrate current HR experience with experience of dealing with ER issues and recruitment activity
- Able to apply high levels of common sense and logic to often delicate and complicated situations and therefore possess excellent listening and communication skills.
- Sound knowledge of employment law.
- Good communication skills are essential, as is the ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- Must be committed to providing a high quality and efficient service to support the operation.
- Should have the ability to align HR tasks to operational requirements.
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of up to £19,000 DOE plus an excellent been fits package including a generous holiday allowance, onsite Gym facilities and potential for professional study support.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.