A HR Assistant is required for a global multi site organisation at Stansted. Excellent development opportunity
Your new company
A global organisation based close to Stansted requires a HR Assistant on a permanent basis to support the HR Manager. This is an excellent development opportunity from HR Assistant to HR Advisor.
Your new role
You will provide an efficient service to the business regarding the operational delivery of HR services whilst supporting managers and staff. You will identify, develop and implement solutions across a range of HR functions including, recruitment, workforce planning, managing performance, organisational restructuring, employee relations, organisational development and staff development.
- Support the HR Manager in delivering the HR strategy in line with the business strategy.
- Support with Employee Engagement & Relations - providing first line support with recruiting, updating the website with vacancies and removing when filled, as well as supporting with performance management, ER issues (ensuring legal compliance), retention, compensation, etc.
- Support Managers with on-boarding of our new employees, administering new starters/leavers/contractual changes, including issuing employment contracts and letters to employees, and entering accurate details onto the HRIS system and completing all relevant paperwork processes, with 95% accuracy.
- Processing incoming references, for past employees, and requesting references for new employees (where applicable)
- Annual Review of employees right to work in the UK (auditing of files to ensure compliance), in line with Home Office regulations.
- Manage and maintain the personnel filing system (in compliance with legal requirements as well as GDPR)
- Collate and provide Labour turnover statistics on a quarterly basis, to also include exit interview statistics, time to fill rate etc Collate and provide ad hoc reports as and when required.
- Assist with the administration for the annual pay review process with the HR Manager.
- Updating the bank holidays onto the HRIS system on an annual basis, in time for the new holiday year.
- Updating the annual leave entitlement for the engineering staff at time of anniversary.
- Supporting the HR Manager with administration around Organisational Restructures
- Responsible to keeping organisation charts up to date
- Any other HR administration that may be required from time to time.
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will have proven experience in a HR administrative role preferably CIPD qualified.
- Articulate with excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- A team player who is approachable and can relate to people at all levels
- Service driver with proven ability to work to stringent deadlines
- Pro-active and able to show initiative/ideas to constantly improve HR services to the business
- Expert knowledge of MS Office: Excel/Outlook/Word/PowerPoint
- Respects the importance of Confidentiality
What you'll get in return
This is a great opportunity to join a large, multi site organisation where you will be trained and coached by a very experienced HR Manager. This opportunity offers development form an Assistant level to advisor over time.
Hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30 - 5pm and Friday 8.30 - 2.30pm
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday
- 5% employer pension contribution
- 2 x Life Assurance
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.