Assist the HR Directorate in providing a high quality, cost effective HR service that meets Divisional and Business Services needs and UK wide objectives. Deliver HR programmes to the business, including employee relations and project management whilst promoting excellent governance.
A leading and well branded UK business with a network of offices from the South Coast to Scotland, working together as one national team. The lack of barriers between departments, a real lack of hierarchy, zero tolerance for arrogance and pomposity makes this organisation a fantastic place to work.
Whether we are helping an individual plan their career, working on salary reviews or planning car parking, our objective is to satisfy the needs of our clients. As with all the support departments, HR plays a pivotal role in the effective operation of the business. Many within the team undertake responsibility for both areas and the team is headed up by a single director.
- Build and maintain trusted working relationships with internal clients, specifically with the DH's, Line managers and other key leaders within the business.
- Build and utilise a deep understanding of the Divisions, e.g. what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, etc, to deliver the best service possible.
- Provide support, trusted advice and challenge where appropriate.
- Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives.
- Analyse management information to identify themes and trends, suggest HR interventions to address these and act accordingly.
- Champion culture, values and strategy in all activities.
- Act as a role model and influencer for change initiatives, proactively driving processes forward.
- Work closely with the recruitment and resourcing teams to proactively provide any intel and potential future requirements.
- Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires ensuring consistency across the varied teams.
- Provide trusted strategic and operational advice to all Line Managers and staff.
- Resolve complex and/or high risk people issues to deliver commercial and pragmatic outcomes.
- Interpret and advise line managers and staff on the application of terms and conditions of service, best practice, policies / procedures and new legislation and proactively advise managers of changes.
- Identify and raise awareness of potential improvements to the performance of an individual or team through HR interventions.
- Provide coaching support to others in effective people management.
- Provide HR support in firm-wide restructuring / ER initiatives.
- Proactive collaboration with other HRBPs and Head of HR to ensure consistency, communication and collaboration and to share best practice.
- Liaise with other teams within the directorate, e.g. Recruitment, Diversity and Wellbeing, Benefits, HR Ops, etc to provide a seamless service to the client group.
Key Metrics & Measures
- Internal client feedback
- Delivery of projects / change initiatives (timeliness and quality)
- Successful completion of HR Calendar activities.
Experience & behaviour
- Demonstrate commercial acumen and ability to work with resilience.
- Ability to build excellent client relationships, establishing trust and confidence.
- Actively listens, communicates articulately and adapt method and style of communication
- Strategic thinker and ability to translate business needs into people plans.
- Ability to work autonomously, with minimal oversight, to deliver agreed people plans.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment, work under pressure and making decisions confidently.
- Experience of managing and handling the people aspects of change management.
- Experience of developing and implementing HR strategies - e.g. recruitment activity
- Performance management culture, complex employee relations issues.
Competitive salary and additional benefits