Talent and Engagement Partner
- Page Group
- North West London, London
- Up to £45000 per annum
- Learning & Development
- Job Level
- Construction / Property
- Contract type
The Talent & Engagement Partner is responsible for the design, implementation, and management of various group talent programmes within the Group of SIG plc which will include the International Graduate Programme and the High Potential Development Programme (RISE).
A construction business based in North West London.
Across all programmes, and to varying degrees of ownership (see notes above), the Talent Manager with support and guidance from the Group Talent & Development Director is responsible for the programme management, attraction, recruitment, on-boarding, development, deployment, and engagement activities for each programme.
- Define purpose and strategy for each programme
- Design end-to-end programme including ensuring all activities associated with each programme are sufficiently defined and have agreed owners
- Coordinate the implementation of each programme through either managing activities directly or through supporting the business
- Develop and manage metrics to measure each programme's success
- Benchmark SIG's talent programmes with other organisations to identify best practices
- Provide recommendations as to courses of action and decisions to be taken
- Liaise with management across SIG business units and regions to ensure consistency across the organisation
Attraction & Recruitment:
- Liaise with HR and key SIG managers to identify recruitment needs (focus on current and future capability requirements)
- Develop appropriate attraction and recruitment strategies, including marketing activities, selection of institutions and the building of sustained relationships with partners
- Propose recruitment targets to influence diversity and inclusion objectives
- Organise and attend recruitment events
- Design and implement appropriate selection processes
- Manage candidates on existing programmes as pipelines for subsequent programmes (e.g. internships and under-graduate placement programmes are recruitment pipelines for the group international graduate programme)
- Liaise with SIG recruitment team members across the Group
- Assist Talent & Development with the design and running of the induction and on-boarding programmes
- Coordinate the buddy and mentor assignments
- Design and implement appropriate development programmes for each programme aligning to the SIG Leadership Framework and the SIG Values
- Conduct ongoing review of ROI from development interventions
- Liaise with function management to develop and ensure consistency of technical training
- Liaise with Development Supplier representatives to ensure suitability of development training
- Where appropriate set up programme participants with suitable mentors
- Liaise with function and project managers to coordinate placement of programme participants into appropriate roles (fixed or rotations as appropriate)
- Facilitate ongoing performance reviews and report outs
- Manage performance of those at risk of not meeting programme completion criteria in conjunction with management
- Design and implement activities to ensure programme participants are appropriately engaged in supporting the success of the business
- Set up and support discussion and support groups for programme participants
- Coordinate final report outs and celebration upon graduation from the programmes
- Establish definition of successful programme completion
- Recognise and celebrate programme completions
- Experience of stakeholder management within a large organisation is essential
- Experience of talent sources outside the UK
- Excellent communication, networking and relationship building skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to influence at all levels in the organisation
- Ability to work independently
- Bachelor degree and relevant HR Qualifications (Full CIPD, or equivalent)
- Typically a minimum of 2+ years of project management experience at a professional level.
- Attention to detail, organisation and follow up skills are critical to this position.
- Resourceful, decisive and proactive. Innovative and change adaptive. Leads by example in supporting change. Results orientated, with excellent organisational skills whilst working in an environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking.
- Ability to work well with others and approaches job responsibilities considering all team members (within department and external to department).
- Ability to work with team members and hiring managers in a "virtual" setting. May be physically remote from recruiting team members, hiring managers and/or supervisor.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with capability to utilise these in developing effective interpersonal relationships.
- Well-developed client management skills and able to interact and build relationships with candidates and all levels of the organisation (including senior management). Able to communicate, partner and present information to members of senior management.
- Excellent interpersonal qualities, including problem solving, influencing, negotiating, facilitating and strong partnership skills. Teams with business units and HR to accomplish results.
- Ability to deal with unusual or unexpected issues in an independent manner; ability to multi-task several priorities simultaneously.
- Demonstrated project management experience with ability to work with a multi-functional team.
- Demonstrated facilitation skills; willingness and capability to conduct presentations.
- Logical and analytical thinking skills; ability to apply these to developing practical, yet creative problem-solving approaches.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Strong computer skills, with previous knowledge and experience of using recruitment technology to build, manage and maintain talent pipelines would be ideal however, not essential
- Knowledge and understanding of best practice graduate resourcing methodologies
- Extensive knowledge of HR Recruitment practices, laws and regulations in geographic areas of operation, especially related to recruiting.
- Experience managing clients and volume workload / tasks.
- Experience and an understanding of recruitment, such as attraction methods, selection and induction processes.
£40,000 - £45,000 plus great bens package