HR Consultant - 18 Month FTC
- Leicester or Milton Keynes
- HR Adviser, HR Consultant, HR Generalist, HR Officer
- Job Level
- Contract type
- Permanent, Contract, Interim
Give it your all in a role that will support your growth
We have an exciting opportunity for an HR Consultant to join our Santander team.
The HR Consultant will creates and fosters a climate of continuous improvement in delivering cyclical HR activity, striving for excellence and contributing to the overall delivery of HR Operations. The HR Consultant will lead on key HR or business related projects providing analysis and subject matter expertise.
We’re passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That’s why we’ve built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a HR Consultant your main responsibilities will be:-
• Assess, and manage the HR Operations impact of Bank-wide or Business area-specific projects.
• Initiate and manage continuous improvement projects within HR Operations, and in conjunction with AOEs across the function.
• Act as an escalation point for complaints related to operational HR delivery.
• E2E Management of Death in Service Process.
• Give support to Senior Leadership team on complex ER cases to a resolution point.
• Establish and build relationships across HR to facilitate achievement of HR goals and support the momentum of delivery throughout the employee lifecycle.
Minimum skills and experience required:-
• Strong experience of Employee Relations case management from stage 3 and above.
• Experience of Operational HR and delivery to time against set milestones.
• Functional knowledge of HR and related processes.
• Strong influencing and communication skills verbally and in writing to inform and persuade up to senior stakeholder level.
• CIPD qualification is desired.
Rewarding You Salary is competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that’s flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
• Pension with generous contributions from Santander
• 27 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
• Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
• 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
• Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
• Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
• Access to an All Employee car scheme
• Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
• Share in Santander’s success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
• Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Based in Leicester (Carlton Park) or Milton Keynes
We’ll give you more than a job, we’ll give you a purpose – to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we’re making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We’ve created an environment where we always put people first, that’s why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you’ll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What’s more, we’ll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn’t gone unnoticed and we’ve been listed as one of Britain’s Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in, then please click Apply here on Changeboard.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page.