Graduate Recruitment & Development Administrator
- Simmons & Simmons
- Learning & Development, Recruitment & Resourcing
- Job Level
- Assistant / Administrator /Co-ordinator
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
We are looking for a Graduate Recruitment & Development Administrator to join our Human Resources department based in our London office. The succesful candidate will support the Graduate Recruitment team with the marketing and recruitment of trainee lawyers and vacation scheme students and also support the Graduate Development team with managing HR processes for trainees once they join.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Recruitment & attraction
- Maintain the application tracking system ensuring candidates are processed and communicated to in a timely manner.
- Coordinate assessment centre logistics; including diarising internally and with the candidates, room bookings and catering requirements, preparing candidate and assessor materials, creating the wash-up presentation, etc.
- Facilitate assessment centers during the interview season being the first point of contact for candidates and assessors.
- Assist with the planning and execution of campus activities.
- Organise attendance and travel for campus events.
- Assist with the planning and running of open days, insight and vacation schemes. This includes room bookings, catering, set-up and coordinating materials (PowerPoint slides, merchandise goodie bags, name badges, etc.) and volunteer sourcing.
- Assist with management of the campus ambassador programme; including but not limited to support with the recruitment process; scheduling interviews and administering offer paperwork.
- Screen online applications for insight days.
- Maintain graduate social media channels.
- Support offer process including paperwork, on-boarding activities and other ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Reporting on graduate recruitment events and the assessment process.
- Manage administration for our Young Talent Programme including event set up, liaison with the school, coordinating DBS checks, supporting student sessions.
- Preparing first day packs for trainee induction – creating, printing and collating training contracts, terms & conditions and relevant forms and documents for each trainee.
- Organising screening for future trainees and actioning post-acceptance process
- Right to work checks – certifying and filing relevant documents.
- Creating secondment letters.
- Assisting with AX (HR system) admin for seat change and induction (Updating position details and changes in office location etc) every 6 months.
- Prepare reference letters for future, current and past trainees.
- Ad hoc updates to trainee details on HR system and spreadsheets e.g. updating contact details and address details for future trainees on relevant records.
- Assist with booking rooms and organising meetings when required.
- Process expenses and invoices related to graduate recruitment.
- Maintain up to date filing systems.
- Be a point of contact for student enquiries and maintenance of the Graduate Recruitment mailbox.
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent administrative skills and level of proficiency in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and customer-service skills and ability to work effectively with all organisational levels.
- Able to work on multiple projects/priorities in a deadline-driven environment, remain calm in pressurised situations and adapt quickly to change.
- Acts as an ambassador for the Firm.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and can-do attitude.
Here at Simmons & Simmons:
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos – we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us.
Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
- Competitive benefits package
- International offices including: Hong Kong; Lisbon; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; London; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- All year round dress down
- We have recently launched ‘Pathways to Progression’ – all about encouraging & enhancing future female talent in the firm
- All offices have their own artwork collections – we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
- We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer and a Stonewall Star Performer in 2017