We're looking for an outstanding Senior HR Advisor to work at our HR Service Centre in Greater Manchester. Reporting to the Employee Relations and Change Manager, the successful candidate will work closely with operational managers and colleagues to provide expert HR advice and support on a range of HR issues. The role will also involve supporting the ER and Change Manager with change activities, including TUPE transfers.
We're in one of the most exciting periods in our history and have set ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our strategy is all about our vision for creating an amazing organisation. For the first time we have been defined as a customer service business with a real focus on making sure every customer has a great experience, every time they interact or transact with us.
- Provide an effective, efficient and high performing HR advice and support service to managers and colleagues on a full range of HR issues.
- Develop and maintain effective and appropriate relationships with key stakeholders including Staff Forums and other elected representatives, to promote positive outcomes from change initiatives.
- Seek legal advice when agreed and escalate to ensure relevant senior managers are aware of high risk cases.
- Provide guidance to managers on reputational, legal and financial risks associated with employee disputes, TUPE transfers and any other complex employee situations.
- Demonstrate professional credibility and expertise, ensuring business needs are clearly understood and supported and practical solutions are developed, in line with leading HR practice and HR policies and procedures.
- Support and act as an appropriate lead on change initiatives and projects, working in partnership with the Senior HR Managers and the HR Management Team, ensuring the process followed and information provided meet business requirements.
- Act as an HR policy champion for the Advisory Service, overseeing application and providing feedback on suggested policy amendments in line with leading practice and customer feedback and requirements.
- Support managers across the business in their learning and understanding of HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure employees are listened to and treated fairly and with respect and dignity. Providing the right support and information to colleagues to meet their needs.
- Sound Employment Law knowledge and experience, with a proven ability to provide practical advice, managing risk appropriately.
- Experience of providing high quality HR advice and guidance to a range of stakeholders in complex HR situations.
- Experience of leading change management and supporting change initiatives through restructure and TUPE processes is a must.
- Ability to effectively challenge and influence other stakeholders.
- Customer focused, with the ability to listen to and understand the viewpoints and needs of a range of stakeholders.
- Good multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Good oral and written communications.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- CIPD qualified to Level 7
- Knowledge of mergers and acquisitions (TUPE).
- Experience of multi-site and multi-disciplinary environment.
- Experience of working in the NFP Sector.
What's on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make us a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Simply Health
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice
- E-learning courses
Salary £40,421 rising to 42,548 after 12 months