L&D Product Owner - Bradford, Leicester or Milton Keynes
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Product Owner to join our team, based from any of our key locations in either Bradford, Leicester, Milton Keynes. This role will involve regular travel depending on base location.
A Product Owner is a key role involved the early and continuous agile delivery of Santander's strategic objectives. They typically work with a Development Team to build products. They may also be called upon to apply lean/agile principles to other multi-disciplinary teams.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Product Owner your main responsibilities will be
- Leading within the agile team whilst mentoring, coaching, supporting and sharing knowledge/experience with their peers as part of the Product Owner, Digital and Agile communities.
- Responsible for the end to end user experience and product lifecycle.
- Prioritising workload, interpreting evidence and ensuring that the Development Team are able to follow a clear roadmap of activities across the product development lifecycle.
- Owning and articulating a clear product vision that can be continuously delivered in an agile fashion, adding value to Santander, its customers and users.
- Aligning their vision with the needs of stakeholders and the business, managing the needs of stakeholders, providing leadership and clarity when there are conflicting views, needs or priorities.
Minimum skills and experience required
- The Product Owner is a visionary leader, expected to own, advocate and articulate their mission and goals
- Previous experience of driving continuous agile delivery.
- Able to set the vision, roadmap and backlog for a product in a way that has a measurable impact on Santander's strategic objectives.
- Experience working with stakeholders and more senior staff to reflect business priorities in a vision and direction for their team.
- The ability to own, manage and mitigate risks as they relate to the delivery, usability, viability and performance of their product, within the agreed scope of their product and in a lean agile fashion.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover.
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
You'll be working in our Carlton Park offices just outside of Leicester city centre in Narborough. With a restaurant, coffee shop, Santander branch and free parking on site, well known childcare facility and gym nearby, it offers something for everyone.
You'll be working in the bustling centre of Bradford just one minute from the Bradford interchange, or a five-minute walk from our nearest train station. With an onsite restaurant and free parking, and plenty of local shops, childcare options and gyms nearby, there's something for everyone.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.