A very exciting opportunity has become available within an Asset Management business based in the City. They are now looking for a commercially focused and personable HR Business Partner to join their forward thinking, innovative team.
The HRBP will be responsible for their own client group of circa 200 people consisting of Operations, IT, Finance currently but may change with time. You will be part of a 8 person HR function that have a very high team ethic and ultimately provide a first class HR provision to the business.
We are looking for a candidate who is ideally coming from a financial services background. Candidates will have a broad HR generalist background - ER, Talent, Succession Planning, Mobility, Benefits, Recruitment, L&D and be able to bring fresh ideas and ways of working to the table. This is a busy role with a broad scope so it is essential that candidates have both breadth and depth to their HR experience.
The role offers a unique workload, challenging and rewarding client base and opportunities to progress and develop your career.
- Ensure all HR processes & procedures are robust, fit for purpose and comply with legislation, constantly review the relevance, accuracy and application of all HR policies and practices, create and implement processes to ensure 100% accuracy of all HR data and MI
- Support the business in all compensation matters including the annual compensation cycle.
- Coach and advise line managers on the management of employee related issues within their own teams and in particular provide advice on grievance, disciplinary, performance and redundancy issues
- Champion performance management across the business providing coaching to line managers
- Lead talent and succession planning initiatives for the business
- Oversee and support recruitment needs as and when required across the business. Be instrumental in reducing recruitment costs by sourcing ways to do direct recruitment.
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships, ensuring consistency of approach
- Challenge and influence current ways of working to drive a positive change and work with the rest of the HR team to lead improvements across business areas
- Ad hoc projects/HR initiatives as directed
- Support and work closely with all team members
- Experience of having successfully worked within a financial/professional services environment
- Strong business acumen / commerciality
- Previous generalist HR experience with a stable work history
- Ability to deliver pragmatic solutions that work within a commercial environment
- Solid track record in positively influencing people at all levels within an organisation
- Confident with Microsoft Excel
- Commercial approach, and willingness to challenge
- Ability to face ambiguity and change with a positive and flexible outlook
- Proven ability to apply judgement and decision making in new situations
- Ability to build strong relationships with well developed interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and a solutions orientated approach
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An "extra mile" attitude and approach to ensure delivery of the best results every time
- Happy to roll up sleeves and "muck in"
- Likes to challenge the status quo