HR Business Partner (Financial Services)
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £70000 - £80000 per annum
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
An exciting HRBP role has become available with a Financial Services business based in the City. The business is going from strength to strength and HR is highly regarded but also on a journey of improvement and they are looking for someone who can help them with this change/improvement.
This will be a broad, diverse, challenging HRBP role supporting two Front Office business lines and two Middle Office circa 300 people total across EMEA. The remit will
The successful candidate will be part of the Business Partner team who are responsible all aspects of the employee lifecycle; from talent sourcing and acquisition, career development and talent management to year end processes, regulation, change management and employee relations.
We are looking for a top class all rounder that is excited with change and improvements. The role will certainly be what you make of it and can also offer more involvement in a certain field of HR if wanted.
- Partner with Business Heads to support their achievement of the People objectives through the provision of coaching, guidance and analytics etc.
- Develop manager capability and effectiveness to improve effective motivation and management of their people through formal training, coaching, mentoring etc. Reviewing a number of internal datapoints to measure success such as employee engagement results, career development, turnover, performance etc.
- Advise and coach managers across a wide range of employee relations issues taking into account best practice, legislative framework and commercial outcome.
- Drive improvements in HR processes, procedures and policies to enable our managers to identify/acquire, develop, manage and retain great talent. Thinking creatively and outside the status quo to drive change and improvement. Constructively challenging everything we currently do.
- Collaborate with Business Heads to recruit talent from graduates through to experienced hires to complement our current capability and strengthen our succession planning. Driving the diversity agenda and ensure the organisation has the right level of capability to support current and future growth strategies.
- Encourage managers to review their department's organisation design, reporting lines and span of control to ensure the department is right sized, team members are challenged and developing, and efficiencies are optimised.
- Partner with the Business Heads to ensure that year end processes are managed well and to time (promotions, compensation and SMCR etc). Challenge /coach Business Heads to ensure their recommendations are in line with best practice and align with HR guidance/parameters. Ensuring all documentation is completed to a high standard and in line with regulatory expectations.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Solid HR Business Partnering experience, preferably in Financial Services and supporting front office clients or revenue generating clients within Professional Services
- Small-mid size business experience
- Ability to quickly establish credibility and rapport with clients and colleagues.
- Ability to influence and persuade clients and colleagues with regard to both HR strategy and operational matter.
- Exceptional experience managing a wide range of employee relations matters.
- Experience in driving the diversity and inclusion agenda.
- Understands year end processes within a banking context.
- Experience managing compensation processes including financial modeling and analysis. Intermediate competency level in Microsoft Excel and demonstrable experience in data manipulation and presentation.
- Experience in working within the SMCR framework.
- Good knowledge of talent and leadership principles and experience in driving talent and succession agendas.
- Demonstrable consultative skills .
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate fluently and effectively at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently with a high sense of urgency.
- Strong initiative, rational and logical approach to problem solving.
- High levels of professionalism and integrity.
- Results oriented