Working under the general guidance and supervision of the Director of Human Resources and the General Manager(s) of the hotel, and within the limits of established policies and procedures, both at corporate and local level.
Well known business within hospitality.
- Work with the General Manager and Director of HR to ensure the continuous development of the HR function and to ensure the smooth running of the Department.
- Partner the GM in developing the people culture within the business to underpin sustainable business growth.
- Ensure you self-manage your time and work load to ensure the properties within your cluster has HR present and support as required
- To manage the day to day HR function to include: recruitment, on boarding, employee welfare, absence management, maternity and paternity procedures and HR administration ensuring compliance with all corporate and hotel policies and procedures and current government regulations.
- Regularly update the General Manager and HRM UK with staff issues to include disciplinaries, grievances, appeals, long term sickness, absence etc.
- Handle all disciplinary and grievance investigations and meetings with managers and work with them on a one to one basis to develop their skills in this area.
- To deal with Employee Relations issues within the property and advise managers accordingly. To gain support from the HRM UK or Director of HR for difficult issues.
- Work with the HRM - UK in regards to hotel vacancies being approved and advertised, in line with HR procedures.
- Ensure all successful applicants are eligible to live and work within the EU.
- Implement recruiting and screening procedures to attract the best qualified candidates for positions.
- Screen all applications coming into the Department against the job description and discuss them with the managers and assist with the interviewing of all suitable applicants.
- To drive the absence management policy and ensure it's compliance within the property.
- Ensure staff notice boards are kept up to date in line with HR standards.
- Maintain the hotels training records and encourage succession planning by processing and recommending candidates as appropriate.
- Encourage and manage apprenticeships in coordination with the HRM - UK, GM and HOD's.
- Ensure all new employees attend the Company Induction programme.
- Liaise with Managers to identify training needs within the hotel.
- Manage and keep up to date the employee eligibility file and paperwork.
- To complete paperwork for Visa and Work Permit applications in liaison the Corporate HR Team.
- Ensure the maintenance and upkeep of ADP systems and carry out weekly and monthly reports and deal with any issues accordingly.
- Perform special projects and related duties as assigned to assist the Human Resources function within the Cluster and the UK.
- Proven working experience as HR manager or other HR relevant roles
- Experience of working in a hospitality or similar sectors
- People oriented and results driven
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of UK employment Law and HR best practices
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and external stakeholders.
- Highly customer focused
- Attention to detail
- Excellent Organisational and planning skills
- Ability to make decisions independently
- Advance Microsoft office skills
- Problem solving/analytical ability
- Ability to deliver quality results under pressure
- CIPD qualified or HR Degree
- Can consider a short notice period
- Requirement to travel, ad hoc