Student Recruitment Officer - Apprenticeships
- Watford or London
- Competitive plus bonus & benefits
- Recruitment & Resourcing
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Accountancy, Education, Recruitment
- Contract type
This role supports the student recruitment team through effective organisation of assessment events alongside outreach and attraction activities to recruit across a range of student programmes – from schools outreach to work experience and apprenticeships. This role plays a key part in a team that is dedicated to ensuring KPMG’s student recruitment programmes have a strong profile at target schools and that its recruitment process is leading within its industry. The Officer will work closely with their Coordinator in order to provide an efficient, high quality, client focused service for applicants and the business alike, throughout the recruitment process.
- Effective and efficient management of candidate pipelines for given programmes.
- Closely monitoring the number of candidates coming through the process with the target numbers and ensuring routes are closed at an appropriate time
- Liaison with national contacts to maintain an up-to-date spreadsheet of target numbers, offers made and candidate acceptances.
- Respond to telephone enquiries within SLAs
- Respond to enquiries in the Student Recruitment email box within SLAs
- Provide feedback to candidates on their performance following recruitment events
- Oversee Assessment Centres for relevant candidate pipelines
- Support management of work experience inductions and events
- Liaise with resourcing contacts to ensure all parties are kept informed of recruitment numbers.
- Manage post offer process including engagement with candidates as well as allocations
- Build effective and long term links with the business to establish point of contact
- Ensure sufficient assessors are trained to assist with recruitment events and help manage this process
Attraction and Outreach
- Oversee the delivery of activity throughout the year in target schools and with partner organisations to ensure we meet our outreach aims (with particular focus on diversity and social mobility)
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with schools contacts, including careers services and other relevant external organisations.
- Liaise with event volunteers to deliver full briefing prior to each event
- Organise, promote and deliver student recruitment events at KPMG offices as required
- Meet key business contacts on a regular basis to update them on outreach activity
- Implement an internal communication strategy to inform the internal audience about recruitment/recruitment marketing/education outreach programmes.
- Build relationships with/respond to ad-hoc queries from KPMG colleagues
- Ideally has worked through at least two cycles of Student Recruitment Experience
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the student recruitment market place and in particular the apprenticeships sector
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with a keen eye for detail
- Flexibility to work within a fast paced environment
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and positively
- Forward thinking and proactive approach
- Self-motivated to work autonomously and also a good team playerDrive and commitment
- A confident presenter
- Good IT skills including Excel, Power Point, databases and internet research
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders
Whilst this role is office based, you will be required to travel to KPMG offices and some events around the country – this will require overnight stays during campaign time and on an ad-hoc basis throughout the year. Intelligent working requests will be considered. However, it should be noted that demands of the role include cover on most days; and some travel around the UK with irregular hours particularly during campaign time.
Location: Watford or London.