HR Business Partner - 6 month FTC
- Competitive plus benefits
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
This role is for a 6 month Fixed Term Contract, Part Time - 4 days per week.
Purpose of Role:
To act as the primary point of contact for assigned internal client group (Coverage, PGL, Function or a subset within one of these areas: “internal
client”), managing and delivering an outstanding HR business service to clients. Also acts as a key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation
and a driver of change.
Major Functions /Accountabilities
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, including but not limited to, Capability, Coverage or Function Partners, Segment Heads, Head
of Performance Operations (HoPO), Performance Leaders (PLs) and other senior clients as needed to fulfil capability group/specific role requirements.
- Build an understanding of the internal client group, e.g., what they do, their strategic people priorities, their strategic people plan (SPP) etc. to deliver the best
service possible as part of the team.
- Working with the Centres of Excellence and PLs, delivery of HR Calendar activities (includes GPS, performance management, salary and bonus, promotions and
talent review cycles) for the internal client group ensuring that the required process is consistently undertaken in accordance with the KPMG guidelines and the
internal client group’s people plan.
- Operate as part of a team, to deliver the agreed people plan, with guidance and direction from Senior HRBP; reporting actions to HoPO and People Partners.
- Implement internal client specific projects to support KPMG’s people strategy and the capability and performance group people plan.
- Always champion KPMG’s culture, behaviours and values and Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) agenda in all activities and projects.
- Act as an agent of change for initiatives, working to embed any transformation, anticipate and overcome issues and proactively suggesting solutions.
Delivery of people strategy / performance group people plan:
- Working with the relevant PGL Senior HRBP, provide input to form / inform the strategic people plan based on knowledge, needs and analysis of the internal client
- Work with the PGL Senior HRBP and across the relevant HRBP Team to roll out that plan and monitor its progress.
- In both the forming and monitoring of plans, take a lead role in terms of analysis of management information / reporting to identify themes and trends, and suggest
HR interventions to address accordingly.
Delivery of HR Calendar activities for colleagues in your performance group
- In support of the Senior HRBP, work with People Function CoEs and PeopleCentre colleagues to ensure HR policy and procedures are implemented consistently and
- Work within the HRBP team to lead / run specific calendar projects throughout the year, representing your internal client group within the People Function.
- Work closely with Senior HRBP, People Partner, HoPO and the recruitment and resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the
client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
- Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires.
- Working with the HR Advisory Team, support their resolution of isolated highly complex and/or high risk people issues.
- Provide coaching support to others (e.g. business leaders) in effective people management.
- Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives to support the client’s people strategy and the function people plan.
- Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Learning or Reward, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar processes.
Key Metrics & Measures
- Client feedback (Whilst the line report is into the People function, the key source of feedback is the client group)
- Delivery of projects / change initiatives (effectiveness, timeliness and quality)
- Successful completion of HR Calendar activities
- Staff engagement, GPS/Pulse score for client group
- Inclusion and diversitytarget zones achieved for internal client group
- Quality and timeliness of service
- Satisfactory resolution of complex ER cases
- Feedbackfrom colleagues in the People Function
Key Behaviours& Skills
- Strong HR knowledge (CIPD qualification or equivalent)
- Project orientated and ableto both create and work to detailed project plans
- Client relationship and influencing skills
- Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong delivery focus
- Confidencein presenting to Partners and internal client group leadership
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with senior level leaders
- Data orientated withproven experience of using data to influence client initiatives and actions
- Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel and Powerpoint)
- Partners and Leader of specific groups within the designated internal client group
- Head of Performance and Operations (HoPO)
- People Partner
- Performance Leaders (PL)