Learning Technology Manager-Bradford,Leicester,Milton K,Glasgow
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Learning & Development
- Job Level
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
Give it your all in a role that will support your growth
Within Learning we are continually focussed on providing access to Learning content for our colleagues in a highly engaging, always available way. To help us deliver this, we have developed a suite of inter-connected Learning platforms which are the frontline of the delivery of our service.
As the Platforms Manager for Learning, you will take on responsibility for the full management of our platform performance, ensuring that they provide an effortless use experience, can transform rapidly and can fully provide the reporting capability needed to help us understand the performance of our Learning products and our people.
You will have a good working knowledge of the way in which digital platforms are built and interact with each other, be comfortable with a fast paced and rapidly changing environment, and show creativity and tenacity to drive forward ongoing increases to platform capability.
Day to day management of all Learning platforms, ensuring all opportunities presented by the platforms are maximised, user experience is seamless, and customer feedback is fully considered and acted on.
You will also be the champion of the Learning platforms, sharing latest developments and platform capability with the wider team to enable Product Owners to fully understand and leverage platform capability within their Product design.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Learning Technology Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Day to day management of platform performance
- Work with external partners to escalate any platform performance issues and resolve them
- Maintains a rigorous and robust understanding of all technical aspects of Learning platforms infrastructure
- Actively controls development budget ensuring feature enchantments/new builds are delivered within agreed costs
- Has a good understanding of technical elements of platform design e.g. APIs, SCORM, SSO etc.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Strong Relationship Management skills
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form
- Strong time management skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to self-manage, make decisions and be responsible for those decisions
- Experience of Agile working practices
- Maintains a high level of technical understanding, including but not limited to:
- SCORM 1.2, 2004, AICC created content
- API's & xAPI's
- Single Sign On parameters
- Video bitrates, formats etc
- Base level HTML knowledge
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
You'll be working in our Carlton Park offices just outside of Leicester city centre in Narborough. With a restaurant, coffee shop, Santander branch and free parking on site, well known childcare facility and gym nearby, it offers something for everyone.
You'll be working in the bustling centre of Bradford just one minute from the Bradford interchange, or a five-minute walk from our nearest train station. With an onsite restaurant and free parking, and plenty of local shops, childcare options and gyms nearby, there's something for everyone.
You'll be working in the bustling centre of Glasgow city centre within walking distance from Central station or Charing Cross with a wide variety of shops and amenities on our doorstep, there's something for everyone.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.