FALKLAND ISLAND BASED INTERIM DIRECTOR OF HR - ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY.
Senior strategic and man management opportunity. Leading a strong team.
The government in the Falkland Islands.
The Falkland Islands Government is focused on their people and ensuring that there are policies, procedures and systems in place to meet the potential challenges of a growing economy.
At the helm of people management will be this INTERIM Director of HR, leading a small team and working with senior management to create a robust and effective people management infrastructure.
Appointing a high caliber and proactive individual within the senior management team is crucial to the government. This key hire will be at the front line, tasked with a multi-disciplinary focus. The INTERIM Director of HR will work across the various government departments to implement streamlined protocols; compensation and benefits, employee engagement, succession planning, and strategic and operational methodology.
Understanding that stakeholder management is key, the INTERIM Director of HR will possess exceptional interpersonal skills. Other responsibilities will include:
- Policy Development
- Providing sound HR advice to managers within a complex multi-disciplinary environment
- Developing, mentoring and managing work flow for staff
A sense of adventure is an absolute must for this role. Based in the Falkland Islands, the successful INTERIM Director of Human Resources will be a dynamic individual supporting approximately 600 staff. The location affords both a one of a kind opportunity and an enviable work/life balance. More information on housing and relocation is available through our specialist Offshore team.
Expertise in the public sector and a highly political environment will be essential to success. The Human Resources Director will possess:
- Professional Qualification - MCIPD/FCIPD or equivalent
- Successful experience in strategic planning in a political environment
- Proven track record in effective management of a wide range of staff and resources
- Savvy stakeholder management - managing relationships and expectations
- Good budgeting awareness and experience in reward management
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbally and written
- Pragmatism and be a proactive team player
Competitive Pro Rated FTC Salary + Benefits + Relocation Flights to and from the Island for