A Professional Services firm are currently looking to hire an interim HR Manager to support them for a 12 month maternity cover contract. The HR Department has a complement of 21 HR professionals based in our London and Geneva offices, 8 HR professionals based in the US, and 4 HR professionals based in Asia. The Department works with the firm's global sector focused divisions on a business partner basis. The HR team is hardworking and committed and is closely integrated to deliver a valued service to the business. We are offering the opportunity to be part of a team that supports our lawyers in providing world-class legal advice to some of the world's most successful clients.
We are looking for an experienced, detail oriented and driven HR Manager to provide a high quality HR business partner service to one of our three global fee earning divisions, based in our London office.
Areas of focus and responsibilities
- Actively support the Divisional CEO, the leadership team and the partners in the management of the divisional globally, through the provision of commercial HR support and advice.
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with key stakeholders to become a trusted advisor.
- Attend monthly finance and utilisation meetings to discuss the division's financial performance
- Provide proactive advice and guidance to divisional management on all employee relations issues, including performance management, flexible working requests, absence management, disciplinaries and grievances
- Oversea the resourcing plans for the division, and work with the recruitment team to provide cost efficient and effective recruitment solutions.
- Manage the processes by which staff join, are integrated and leave the firm efficiently and fairly
- Take an active part in the business planning process for the division.
- Ensure full compliance with employment law through effective application of HR policy and procedures
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for consideration and inclusion in the Employee Handbook
Developing our people:
- Ensure the effective performance management of all staff across the division and support departments
- Lead the appraisal process for the division, and attend senior associate appraisals
- Advise on training interventions for the division in conjunction with the Learning and Development team
- Support the identification and development of key talent to enable the division to meet their business objectives through effective succession planning.
- HR mentor for trainees ensuring they get the right support and development during their training contract.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and developments, through maintaining a strong network of external contacts, and make recommendations for change within the firm as required.
- Jointly responsible for developing and managing two HR Assistants.
Compensation and benefits:
- In conjunction with the Global Reward Manager, lead and coordinate the annual salary review and bonus process for the division
- Review and sign off London payroll on a monthly basis (rotated between HR Managers).
- Lead HR process management reviews
- Lead and support ad projects as required to deliver business improvement in line with the people strategy.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive. It is intended to describe the general content of, and requirements for the performance of this job, and as such, the role may also include the undertaking of additional tasks as required.
Skills and experience required
Qualifications and experience required
- Relevant degree-level qualification (desirable)
- CIPD certification (desirable)
- 5 - 6 years' relevant HR experience in an HR manager/ business partner role- the ideal candidate will come from a professional services background
- Strong ER background