HR Team Leader
HR TEAM LEADER
- Department: Human Resources
- Job Title: HR Team Leader
- Type: Permanent
- Reports To (title): SVP – Rewards and People Services
- Career Level: CL3
- Location: Feltham, UK
- Hours of Work: 37.5 p/week
- Line Management Responsibility: Yes
HERE’S SOME INFORMATION FOR YOU?
Do you want to coach, mentor, train and support a team of your own? Here at Perform we’re looking for a HR Team Leader to line manage HR Administrators within HR services. You’ll work closely with SVP – Rewards and People Services as well as People Partners to ensure that comprehensive administrative support is provided and successfully delivered to the wider business. You’ll also take accountability for driving high levels of services within the define SLA’s and KPI’s, both within the team and to the function’s customers.
You will be required to take a lead role within the team providing advice on a range of topics covering generalist HR cases that arise amongst your stakeholders relating to employee relations, performance management and recruitment across all UK and international locations.
You will also be required to lead on various projects ranging from HR Data analysis, policy writing to systems training along with overseeing the day-to-day queries that come into the HR Shared Services.
This is a fast-paced, media environment and you will therefore have experience of working under pressure to tight deadlines to meet the requirements of multiple stakeholders simultaneously and prior exposure to the Media and/or Technology sector would be advantageous.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, then please keep reading.
HERE’S A BREAKDOWN OF WHAT YOU’LL DO (NOT ALL OF IT, JUST THE MOST IMPORTANT STUFF)
- Maintain, update and create relevant HR policies, procedures and forms as required
- Jointly accountable for the day-to-day workload of the HR Services team
- Joint responsibility for data integrity in the HR database and populating the database as and when required
- Work with SVP – Rewards and People Services to identify and review HR key performance indicators and suggest improvements and efficiencies to better meet professional and business requirements
- Support the HR management team to develop and implement HR strategy to meet business aims
- Build effective working relationships and credibility with key stakeholders by understanding key business and people related issues through effective collaboration and communication
- Where required, attend divisional Management/Executive meetings to discuss HR-related issues
- Support, advise and guide other team members to effectively manage all aspects of employee relations issues, ensuring that all documentation sent out of the shared service centre is legally compliant so to mitigate business risk ensuring a pragmatic business and best practice approach is taken
- Provide reliable advice on legal, contractual and HR issues in line with contractual terms and conditions
- Ensure all employees have legal compliance to work in the UK and in overseas locations – overseeing this process and the Visa process within the team
- Provide advice and guidance on secondments, transfers and relocations liaising with relevant internal stakeholders ensuring a streamlined process
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement within the shared services and work closely with the Head of HR services with the implementation of such improvements
- Support management decisions.
- Other relevant duties as delegated by your immediate manager
- Responsible for maintaining the HRIS system in line with the Global data maintenance strategy
- Updating the HRIS system in line with the business requirements
- Take a lead role in data analysis and data cleansing proving recommendations and suggestions for improvement
- Provide Monthly KPI’s to the Head of HR Services
- Responsible for preparing new starter documents and benefits, liaising with Payroll, Reward, Recruitment, IT Service Desk, Facilities as appropriate in a timely manner
- Responsible for Probationary Period notifications/reminders to Managers (including submission of required form/guidelines)
- Draft and distribute probation confirmation/extension letters to employees in a timely manner
- Draft Resignation Acknowledgement letters, arrange and conduct Exit interviews, flagging up potential patterns as well as liaising with the right internal teams such as Payroll and IT
- Update and maintain employee data on reward tool (Advantage) as required
- Responsible for set up and management of all casual staff
- Handle all work experience requests and relevant forms
DO YOU HAVE THESE ESSENTIALS?
- Sound knowledge and practical application of current UK employment law, procedures and processes with good experience of advising on, implementing and improving these areas
- Experience of coaching and mentoring other team members within a HR shared Services environment
- Strong data analysis and data management skill set
- Ability to communicate effectively, succinctly and professionally to all levels of staff
- An upbeat and positive attitude with the ability to persuade and influence other
- Customer driven, collaborative with a hands-on approach and the proven ability of identifying pragmatic business focussed solutions to problems whilst recognising risks and implications of suggested actions
- Confident self-starter able to work independently in a business partnering manner as well as effectively as part of an HR team
- Enthusiastic about HR and what it can deliver with a successful track record of delivering HR services and business support]
- Strong organisational capability, able to prioritise and delegate to meet deadlines and to manage large volumes of diverse work, providing creative solutions where necessary
- Flexible approach to work and able to travel at short notice across Europe to other offices/sites, including occasional overnight stays
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office and IT literacy particularly within Excel with a proven ability to create and deliver presentations
- Exceptional organisational skills, ability to prioritise and meet deadlines.
- Ability to manage large volumes of diverse work, providing creative solutions where necessary
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
HERE’S A LITTLE MORE ABOUT US
Perform Content is the complete sports content provider. With over 1500 employees in 30+ global territories, we work with our partners and customers to change the way people experience sport around the world.
We create, collect and distribute cutting-edge sports data via Opta, performance data and tools to drive on-pitch success through OptaPro, sports news and content through Omnisport, and high-quality betting content through Perform Betting, all of which are underpinned by our globally trusted integrity operation.
By delivering more content, quicker, more accurately and in more detail than anyone else, we allow our customers to create experiences that engage fans and drive revenues.
THE BENEFITS YOU WILL ENJOY WHEN YOU JOIN WILL INCLUDE…
UK Benefits: 25 days’ annual leave (increasing by 3 days after 3 years); Private medical insurance*, Life Assurance; Pension; Travel Loan; Cycle to Work Scheme*; Subsidised Canteen.
……………..And there’s more…… you’ll have access to the Perform online learning portal (MindTools) and be part of our Career Deal, which aims to support your continued professional development. There’s also a structured management development programme for you. *Please Note - some of these benefits will be available to you upon successful completion of your probation.