- Help Musicians UK
- Dependant on candidate experience
- HR Adviser, HR Generalist, HR Officer
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Contract type
Help Musicians UK is Britain’s leading independent music charity and has provided help, support and opportunities to empower musicians at all stages of their lives for 97 years.
HMUK's mission is to create a sustainable future for all musicians and the industry by supporting those who work in the music industry through grants, health and welfare services, campaigning, creative programmes and targeted investment initiatives. It exists to advocate, educate and provide information around issues which affect musicians and the industry that surrounds them.
As HR Advisor at Help Musicians UK your role will be to offer support and professional advice to managers and staff across the charity on all areas of HR.
Reporting to the Head of HR, your workload will be varied and will include advising and coaching managers on a range of staff management issues, coordinating recruitment campaigns, overseeing the administration of our monthly payroll and supporting the Head to deliver our people strategy.
We are working hard to achieve high standards aligned to the Investors in People Framework Standard, so you will play a key role in supporting the charity with its re-accreditation in 2020.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Advise and coach line managers on people matters across the whole spectrum of human resources
- Monitor, review and update all HR policies to ensure these are in line with the current legislation and best practice
- Manage staff relationships, responding to any queries or problems that they have and managing their expectations
- Work closely with the Head of HR to plan, implement and run an ongoing, long-term staff engagement strategy to ensure that the workforce is motivated and understands how their individual roles fit into the broad aims and activities of the charity
- Advise and coach managers on performance management issues and processes, providing training, support, and guidance as required and ensuring performance reviews are carried out
- Assist with and develop recruitment campaigns
- Coordinate information for payroll, working closely and collaboratively with colleagues
To be successful in the role:
You will have experience as a HR Generalist having advised managers on the full range of HR areas, ideally CIPD qualified or you may be working towards this or an equivalent qualification. You will have a sound understanding and knowledge of current employment legislation and HR best practice.
Excellent interpersonal skills and being a team player are absolute musts, as you will work with people at all levels across the business. Effective communication and organisation skills are important, as well as experience of using IT and HR systems.
You’ll be personable and credible with strong communication and relationship building capabilities. You’ll also have a pragmatic and logical approach to the work you do.
What we'll offer in return
- A very generous pension contribution as part of auto enrolment
- Life assurance
- Cash Plan with Health Shield
- 25 days holiday (plus office closure over Christmas period and 1-day extra holiday per year up to max 30 days).
- Flexible working
- Salary sacrifice schemes including season ticket loans and cycle to work scheme
- Fruit, snacks coffee and tea etc.
- Personal development opportunities
- Staff Away Days and quarterly Staff Events
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2019
All enquiries and applications should be made by clicking Apply here on Changeboard.
And please call the following number if you wish to discuss this role further in advance of applying:- 020 7239 9100