Central Compliance Manager, 6-12 Month FTC - London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Central Compliance Manager to join our Wholesale Compliance team based in London.
The Central Compliance Manager is responsible for overseeing the creation and maintenance of all Wholesale Compliance policies, ensuring the latest regulatory developments are incorporated and are effectively communicated to the Wholesale business. They will be responsible for overseeing the alignment of Wholesale Compliance policies with other group owned policies. They will also act as a point of contact for policy interpretation.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Central Compliance Manager your main responsibilities will be
- Oversee the creation and maintenance of all Wholesale Compliance policies and ensure that they are communicated appropriately.
- Develop where required Central Compliance policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate the update of all internal Compliance procedures.
- Manage and co-ordinate Compliance engagement across bank projects/initiatives as instructed by Head of Central Compliance and act as a key Compliance contact for remediation projects as required.
- Act as the Compliance representative in multiple working groups/steering committees.
- Develop Compliance training materials working collaboratively with the Compliance Advisory Teams and manage the delivery of all Wholesale Compliance training programmes. Where required, work with HR to co-ordinate the delivery of Compliance
Minimum skills and experience required
- Relevant academic qualifications, and recognised Compliance experience.
- The ability to identify and assess risks and work proactively and collaboratively with other members of the Compliance team and the business to find solutions.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to form strong relationships with key stakeholders.
Salary - Competitive
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.