- Chelmsford, Essex
- £60000.00 - £65000.00 per annum
- HR Manager
- Job Level
- Retail / Wholesale / Fashion
- Contract type
A HR Manager is required for a world leader of luxury goods in Chelmsford £60/65K & excellent benefits.
Your new company
A leading luxury Retail business based in Chelmsford requires a HR Manager to join their team. You will support the HR Director and lead a team of 10, covering the UK and Ireland so some travel will be required. The environment is diverse, creative and dynamic.
Your new role
- Manage complex employee relations casework including dispute resolutions, disciplinaries, grievances, absence, retirement and redundancy.
- Apply HR and business knowledge evidencing appropriate decision-making skills.
- Advise managers on the terms and conditions of employment and knowledge share best practice with them.
- Develop HR policy and procedures to drive performance and mitigate disputes.
- Provide first line advice on current and existing benefits for employees and managers.
- Work with appropriate parties on reward strategy.
- Provide advice on recruitment and selection strategies.
- Support the recruitment process - this may include writing job descriptions and preparing interview questions and application forms etc.
- Carry out new starter inductions.
- Manage talent and succession planning.
- Drive alignment between HR strategy and business goals.
- Continuously monitor and review HR policies and processes and implement changes where necessary.
- Participate in the implementation of specific projects, procedures and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the organisation.
- Support change management processes.
- Provide advice, guidance and support to the payroll team, managers and employees on all queries associated with payroll, compensation and benefits.
- Support with all salary benchmarking activity, pay review and bonus payment.
- Carry out annual checks to ensure that remuneration and benefits package is competitive within the market place. Recommend any changes.
- Ensuring responses and customer updates to queries through all channels are dealt with in a timely manner and to a high-quality standard across the Customer Service Team.
- Analysing statistics or other data to determine the level of customer service is being providing.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have around 5 years experience in a similar Retail business at a similar level. You will have a strong generalist background especially across Employee Relations and Compensation and Benefits.
You will have good planning and organisation skill and the ability to motivate and lead a team. Its essential that you are confident, assertive and adaptable to a changing environment.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading luxury brand that is committed to inspire their customers. You will be part of a innovative and creative team that has a defined culture and a dynamic approach.
Benefits include: 25 days holiday, flexible working hours & summer time working, Income protection, life assurance, critical illness, health cash plan, private medical insurance, private dental cover, gym membership, parking, and discounts on products.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.