Job reference number - 104393
Salary - circa £45,000 plus an excellent benefits package including £4000 car allowance, private healthcare, an on target bonus, 26 days’ annual leave and pension
Royal Mail Sheffield and Chesterfield with National Travel
If you are the right person for this role you will relish a challenge and will thrive in a high pressure, high volume recruitment environment.
Taking pride in providing a best in class recruitment service to our Hiring Managers and candidates, striving to bring innovation and change where it is needed, you will be responsible for recruiting for one of the largest organisations in the country, a company that you can be proud to tell your friends and family you work for.
About the role
Royal Mail directly recruits up to 20,000 casual workers in 4 months to support the increase in activity at Christmas in parcels & post.
Additionally, we work all year round with a number of different agency suppliers to provide both managed service solutions and transactional delivery of contingent workers to support our logistics and industrial operations.
Managing a large team of recruiters, you will report to the Senior Manager – Flexible Recruitment and will partner closely with HR People Teams and Senior Hiring Managers to deliver great flexible resourcing for the business.
• Engaging with customers and colleagues to ensure the recruitment plan is clearly defined, remains on track and delivers an appropriate recruitment service for flexible worker recruitment. The plan should meet business needs, taking into account the individual nuances of a particular geographic region and each skill set.
• Work with different methods of supply to define the most appropriate blended approach, utilising Royal Mails own agency - Angard, directly sourced Royal Mail casual workers, and third party agency workers.
• Manage cost effective approaches for sourcing and selection that generate a pipeline of highly desirable and diverse candidates using appropriate tools.
• Ensure supporting technologies are utilised appropriately including the Recruitment Management System (Success Factors), Selection platforms, chatbots, Vendor Management Systems, scheduling technology etc.).
• Ensure that spend is managed appropriately, exploring ways to efficiently attract and manage quality talent in an increasingly competitive market.
• Help collect and report on trends on recruiting, including local conditions, and competitors activity to develop longer term recruitment strategies in “hot spots”.
• Working with internal colleagues to co-ordinate selection events that both engage the business in recruiting effectively and ensure that all appropriate vetting and on-boarding activity is undertaken. Promoting the use of appropriate technology, including robots and chat, to support the recruitment process so that it is a great user experience.
• Using reporting and insight provide stakeholders with a clear view on the effectiveness of the recruitment pipeline and any remedial or improvement activity that may be required, often in real time.
You will be a professional, resilient recruitment manager with excellent influencing and communication skills. Your days will pass quickly as you will thrive on working in a fast paced environment, being a dynamic self-starter. Your ability to work in a fast paced environment and your experience of leading and motivating an in-house or agency recruitment team will mean that you will lead with knowledge and enthusiasm.
In return you will help shape and improve one of the largest high volume recruitment campaigns in the country.
With strong knowledge of relevant UK Employment Law and legislative requirements you will also understand the challenges of working in a high volume blue collar environment, preferably with temporary workers. You will have a working knowledge of recruitment systems and experience of managing relationships with 3rd party agencies.
At Royal Mail we connect companies, customers and communities across the country, delivering a ‘one-price-goes-anywhere’, universal postal service to more than 30 million addresses. As a FTSE 250 Company, we are focused on being recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe.
We are an inclusive employer with equality, diversity and fairness at the heart of our values. We welcome applications from individuals from all different backgrounds and are committed to promoting fair participation and equality of opportunity for all of our job applicants.
For more information on Royal Mail Group and our Values please click on the link (http://www.royalmailgroup.com/our-people).
To find out more and apply, click on the Apply button below.
Closing Date: Friday 29th March 2019.
Please note, this advert may close early if the appropriate number of applications has been reached.