Compliance Monitoring Officer - London
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Compliance Monitoring Officer to join the Wholesale Compliance monitoring team in London; reporting to the head of the Wholesale Compliance Monitoring team. The Compliance Monitoring Officer will take a role in delivering the Wholesale Compliance Monitoring programme, including taking responsibility for delivery at the checkpoints identified by the Head of Wholesale Compliance Monitoring. The team forms part of the Wholesale Compliance division and is responsible for undertaking monitoring reviews to test regulatory risks and report on areas for improvement.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Compliance Monitoring Officer your main responsibilities will be;
- Gaining an understanding of the activity, risks and controls, pertinent to the assignment
- Preparing and following written test plans, to be approved by the Head of Compliance Monitoring.
- Executing all tasks set out in the written test plans, within the agreed timeframes.
- Preparing draft and final reports in the agreed format
- Developing close working relationships with relevant first, second and third line stakeholders in order to ensure they understand compliance obligations and regulatory requirements, and the implications of failing to meet such requirements/ expectations in order to promote a culture of proactive risk management.
- Willingly contributing to the improvement of risk management within Compliance
Minimum skills and experience required
- Relevant academic qualifications, e.g. university degree and/or a professional qualification, such as CISI Diploma, Accountancy qualification, Operational Risk.
- Experience of risk and control testing, compliance reviews or non-financial risk audit activity
- Possesses or is willing to develop expertise in and understanding of the regulations applicable to wholesale banking.
- Experience in contributing to an assessment of risks and controls in business areas across the entire wholesale banking activity.
- Possesses technical knowledge of wholesale banking products and processes.
- Innovative and computer literate: good knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Previous experience within a Compliance, Regulatory Risk or Audit role which involved identifying, assessing, managing and reporting of regulatory risks
Salary - Competitive For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.