Learning & Development Advisor
- Simmons & Simmons
- London or Bristol
- Learning & Development
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Legal, Professional Services
- Contract type
Simmons & Simmons has an exciting opportunity for a L&D Advisor to join the Human Resources team in either London or Bristol. The L&D team are responsible for providing business skills and development programmes at all levels across the international network. You will work with the Head of Talent Development and L&D Manager to develop, promote and implement global learning solutions to all levels of the business.
This specialist role has an international remit and would suit an L&D professional that likes the autonomy to work in a small team on a variety of L&D initiatives but is also comfortable owning and shaping strategic pieces of work. The role will require the individual to build strong relationships in order to deliver commercially focused development initiatives. They will be involved in a range of duties from responding to individual development queries to leading on firm wide programmes and supporting international roll outs.
The L&D Advisor will be responsible for:
• Developing strong internal relationships with our practice groups and Business Services functions.
• Initiating development conversations and identifying training and development needs throughout the business.
• Designing and delivering commercially focused learning programmes.
• Project managing the delivery of the firm’s annual development programmes.
• Reviewing and evaluating effectiveness of all programmes and learning initiatives.
• Supporting the development and delivery of firm-wide projects and initiatives e.g. sector awareness, client programmes and the trainee Compass programme.
• Taking budgetary responsibility for training / programmes as allocated by the Head of Talent Development and L&D Manager.
• Working closely and managing relationships with external suppliers, supporting Head of Talent and L&D Manager.
• Taking ownership of ad hoc L&D projects e.g. developing L&D curriculum for business services, developing soft skills courses to be rolled out internationally, evaluating the firm’s approach to mandatory training.
We are looking for a proven and experienced L&D professional with:
• Relevant experience of working within a L&D team in a professional services environment (and/or equivalent).
• Strong academic record
• Experienced with all stages of the L&D life cycle, from analysis to design, delivery and evaluation.
• A creative approach to designing and implementing learning solutions, including virtual or non-classroom based learning where appropriate.
• An international & commercially focused mind-set.
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to balance conflicting priorities and delegate effectively in order to achieve results.
• A strong ‘client-service’ focus with a positive attitude and passion for variety.
• Comfortable interacting with all levels in the firm and experience of working with key internal and external stakeholders in a fast paced environment.
• Flexibility with working hours and a willingness to work extra hours when required to deliver key L&D initiatives.
• If based in Bristol the flexibility to travel to London and other locations as and when needed.
Here at Simmons & Simmons
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos – we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us. Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
• Competitive benefits package
• International offices including: Hong Kong; Lisbon; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; London; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
• Generous employee referral bonus programme
• All year round dress down
• We have recently launched ‘Pathways to Progression’ – all about encouraging & enhancing future female talent in the firm
• All offices have their own artwork collections – we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
• We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer and a Stonewall Star Performer in 2017
If you are interested in finding out more about this vacancy then please contact emily.rixon-smith@Simmons-Simmons.com with any questions and to apply for the role please click on the apply button at the bottom of the screen. Please find a detailed Job Description also attached below including further details on the duties and responsibilities of the role.