The Human Resources team at Simmons & Simmons currently have an exciting opportunity for an Operations Assistant to join the department and assist the HR Advisors and Head of HR (UK) in providing generalist operational HR support to the Fee Earner groups. This role will be based in the Bristol office and will also support the HR Operations team in day to day tasks both in the UK and internationally. We are recruiting this role on a 12 month fixed term contract (maternity cover).
The ideal candidate will enjoy all things administration, be able to prioritise conflicting tasks and have a can do attitude. Office experience would also be advantageous and this is a great opportunity for anyone looking to move into the area of HR or develop already established knowledge of the area.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for internal and external correspondence that relates to employment terms and conditions and maintaining accurate records. This includes proactively managing probation reviews, promotions, transfers, sickness absence, references and long service awards.
- Responsible for all aspects of the HR database ensuring details are accurate and at all stages of an employee’s employment with the firm. Become a ‘super user’ of the HR System in order to produce reports and statistical information as required to support line managers in the management and resourcing of their teams.
- Responsible for the end to end organisation and administration of intra-office and client secondments, including liaising with the practice groups and other business services functions (where appropriate) to make this happen.
- Assist with the implementation of performance management cycle and support the salary review processes as required.
- Responsible for the maternity/paternity leave process.
- Coordination of flexible working requests.
- Responsible for the administration and documentation for employees leaving the firm, including conducting exit interviews at the appropriate level.
- Responsible for administration of reverse secondees joining and/or leaving the firm.
- Assist with the administration of partner moves; including changes in terms, secondments and leavers.
- Responsible for the monitoring and timely processing of invoices, ensuring the appropriate authorisation procedure is followed.
- Provide general administrative support to the HR Advisors and Head of HR (UK). This includes arranging meetings, taking attendance notes of meetings, maintaining electronic files and any other duties as reasonably requested.
- Continually review the efficiency of the HR administrative processes and standard documents, making recommendations for enhancements where appropriate.
- Answer general queries from employees with regards to HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with projects occurring in the wider HR team.
Operation Team Responsibilities:
- Work as part of the team providing day to day operational support to the wider UK and International HR teams as required.
- Use and administration of all HR systems including: leavers/joiners/updates on Firm’s HRIS (AX), absence management system, online performance management system (OPMS), referencing system (Vero) and recruitment application system (CVMail).
- Providing holiday cover and overflow support to all other members of the HR Operations team
- Regular review and input into maintenance and updating of HR Operational processes and checklists.
- Responsibility for helping to maintain and updated template documents and document management system.
- Participation in wider HR team projects, as required.
Education / qualifications / experience:
- Previous generalist HR experience required.
- Previous law firm or professional services experience would be an advantage in this role.
- Degree level or equivalent qualification (min 2:1) desirable.
Knowledge and technical skills:
- Excellent IT skills including Outlook, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Experience of HR database desirable.
- Willingness to quickly learn and use software packages that are unfamiliar is essential.
- Required to use and manipulate the HR database and the online appraisal tool.
- Foundation understanding and knowledge of employment law and HR best practice.
- A professional, flexible, dependable ‘can do’ attitude.
- Is relationship focused and understands the importance of building networks both internally and externally.
- Able to communicate effectively and confidently, both verbally and in writing, and adapt communications styles to different audiences.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
- Keen to develop their career in HR.
- Able to work effectively as part of a diverse and inclusive team.
Here at Simmons & Simmons
We believe our people define us. Our working environment is genuinely collegiate with a supportive atmosphere and team ethos – we have a reputation for being a friendly culture which we are very proud of. Flexible working, an inclusive and diverse culture, our innovative approach and being truly international are just a few more things that make us, us. Below are a few more reasons to consider Simmons & Simmons for your next career move:
- Competitive benefits package
- International offices including: Hong Kong; Lisbon; Dubai; Tokyo; Dublin; Milan; London; Madrid; Singapore to name a few
- Generous employee referral bonus programme
- All year round dress down
- We have recently launched ‘Pathways to Progression’ – all about encouraging & enhancing future female talent in the firm
- All offices have their own artwork collections – we have a Damien Hurst and a Tracey Emin in the London office
- We were ranked as a Stonewall Top Global Employer and a Stonewall Star Performer in 2017
If you are interested in finding out more about this vacancy then please contact email@example.com with any questions and to apply for the role please click on the apply button at the bottom of the screen. Please find a detailed Job Description also attached below.
We are not currently engaging with agencies for this role so please apply directly via the website for this position.