Diversity & Inclusion Consultant (D&I)
- Oakleaf Partnership
- City of London, London
- £50000 - £55000 per annum
- Job Level
- Banking / Finance & Insurance
- Contract type
An exciting role is now available for a Diversity and Inclusion Consultant within a global Financial Services business based in the City of London.
The business recognise that diversity and inclusion is integral to the achievement of their strategic goals. With this being the case, they are creating a working environment that allows them to attract, recruit, develop and retain the very best people at all levels and to ensure that the unique perspectives all employees are recognised and utilised.
The role will be working with the Exec Sponsor, HR Director, HR Business Partners and colleagues and senior stakeholders within the business to develop, deliver, and embed the Diversity programme, ensuring alignment with global diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing goals.
We are looking for ambitious and driven candidates that have previous backgrounds in Diversity and can bring a fresh approach and ideas to the table.
- Work in conjunction with the Exec Sponsor, Human Resources and Talent Manager along with colleagues across the broader Business network, to implement the diversity and inclusion strategy and deliver the objectives. Also to support the Diversity and Inclusion working groups with subject matter expertise and advice to develop and implement diversity and inclusion action plans across the business and track progress
- Oversee and support the diversity & inclusion Working Group, ensuring alignment to the Strategy and objectives
- Develop and deliver key diversity and inclusion presentations, workshops and training sessions. Including the creation, coordination, administration and execution of such events.
- Analyse and report on diversity and inclusion metrics and measurements
- Support the creation and delivery of best practice tools and diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Effectively manage external partnerships and networks with key equality, diversity and inclusion partners and ensure effective use of those organisations to realise membership benefits
- Provide advice and support to the business on managing diversity and inclusion issues
- Remain up to date with diversity and inclusion developments globally
- Experience in a Diversity and Inclusion role with a proven track record in supporting the delivery of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Facilitation and advisory skills
- Self-starter with a proactive, enthusiastic and "hands-on" approach
- Planning and forward thinking skills
- Good numerical and writing skills especially the compilation of reports to executive committees
- Ability to build and maintain networks (internally and externally) to maximise diversity and inclusion across the firm
- Good Project Management skills with the ability to manage multiple streams of activity
- Knowledge of HR (generalist or key discipline) practices and procedures
- Awareness of diversity and inclusion programmes and initiatives
- Broad understanding of HR data analytics and HR reporting
- Solid understanding of operating in a dynamic complex multi-disciplined business environment to implement programmes that bring about behavioural change
- Proven experience of working across different levels with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience working in an advisory capacity in a similar role (HR/Talent Development/Diversity and Inclusion)
- Experience working with external suppliers and partners
- Demonstrable commercial awareness and experience