Interim Payroll Manager
- Morson International
- Up to £35000.00 per annum
- Job Level
- Transport & Logistics
- Contract type
I am currently supporting my Logistics Client with the recruitment for an Interim Payroll Manager for a period of 18 months.
Managing two members of staff, this is a fast-paced role and requires an individual who is used to processing large volumes of payroll data in a busy operational environment, working with a large amount of varied Term and Conditions of employment in single payroll cycles, ensuring high levels of attention to detail is required.
Process the payroll for approximately 800 employees ensuring people get paid accurately and on time.
* Developing an understanding the different contractual terms of groups of employees and the impact on their pay.
* Develop and maintain successful relationships with key stakeholders to ensure successful payroll cycles
* Overseeing the deductions and payments for PAYE, National Insurance, childcare vouchers, cycle to work, etc.
* Managing the processing and payment of the Company's pension schemes and reconciling these regularly, making sure the business is compliant with auto-enrolment requirements.
* Managing new starters and leavers to make sure first and last pay calculations are accurate.
* Ensuring the process of depots summarising driver time sheet data is working and identifying improvements to this process.
* Working closely with the HR team to improve data sharing and processing between the Payroll and HR teams.
* Ensuring sickness and holiday calculations are being carried out accurately and in line with employee's contract terms.
* Resolve employee payroll queries quickly, making advance payments where required.
* Processing and calculation of P11Ds, P60s and P45s.
Skills and experience required;
* Experienced payroll professional
* Experience in working with multiple Contracts of Employment
* Experience of managing staff
* Excellent excel skills and used to processing large amounts of data
* A confident communicator who is able to challenge people and change behaviours within an operational environment
* A fast learner of systems and processes
* Someone who can identify where processes aren't working, design new processes and roll these out
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to take ownership, improve processes and ensure accuracy at all times in a growing, fast paced and fun operational environment.
The successful candidate should be an experienced payroll professional who is highly organised and a confident communicator, as the role will involve helping to progress a number of projects to improve payroll processes.
The role will involve a mix of getting hands-on and doing payroll processing, overseeing a team of two staff who process payroll and working on projects to improve processes and systems around payroll.