The HR Business Partner Consultant will work in partnership with designated line managers, providing professional advice and direction, commercial HR solutions and operational support to them, and enabling them to implement the business's agreed people plans to improve Business Unit or function performance.
Well known business.
As part of the HR team, the HR Business Partner Consultant will work in partnership with line managers and key stakeholders liaising with the Corporate Functions, T&D and Resourcing Centres of Excellence, Employee Services and Business Unit HR Specialists in order to provide them with the full range of HR support and services as required
- Works with the HR Business Partner Manager and, line managers to ensure reward plans are executed in line with Corporate and business plans
Learning and Development
- Works with the HR Business Partner Manager, and management within the business to ensure learning and development plans are implemented
- Works with the HR Business Partner Manager, and management within the business to ensure diversity and inclusion plans are executed in line with Corporate and business plans
Organisation Design and Development
- Works with the HR Business Partner Manager and management to ensure organisational design and development plans and interventions are executed in line with Corporate and business plans
- Work with the HR Business Partner Manager to ensure compliance with regulatory reporting requirements with regards to proposed organisational changes
- Resourcing and Workforce Planning
- Work with the HR Business Partner Manager and management to ensure resource and workforce plans are executed in line with Corporate and business plans
- Identify and deliver resourcing and workforce interventions within the business area, in line with Corporate guidelines
- Ensure workforce plans are kept up to date and relevant for the business priorities of your area, and that all resourcing activity is in line with the needs of workforce plans
- Liaise with the Resourcing Centre of Excellence to ensure that the business area's recruitment needs are met in line with the agreed process and Service Level Agreements, escalating any issues in line with the agreed process for doing so
- Support line managers with the resourcing process for non-managerial and junior management roles to ensure the delivery of the workforce plan
Talent & Succession Planning
- Work with the HR Business Partner Manager, and management to ensure talent and succession plans are executed in line with Corporate and business plans
- Provide line managers with the support and guidance needed to ensure that individual and team performance is effectively managed across your business area, in alignment with the company performance management framework and process
- Works with their HR colleagues, Business Unit Engagement and ER
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
- Graduate /Associate member of CIPD minimum standard or working towards
- Creative yet pragmatic, but able to deliver at speed
- Commercially minded and pragmatic in their application of HR best practice.
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
- Able to deliver high quality HR generalist support, including extensive knowledge of appropriate employment law and HR best practices and their pragmatic application.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding in the areas of change and strategic consulting, performance management, reward management, people development, talent management resourcing and ER/engagement.
- Evidence of strong professional network and continuous personal development.
- Ability to coach line managers and influence as appropriate to ensure successful outcomes
- Credibility to influence and successfully challenge line managers.
- Permanent role within a fantastic business