Resourcing Consultant, Fee Earners
Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law.
Our people are our greatest asset. We bring together lawyers of the highest calibre with the technical knowledge, industry experience and regional know-how to provide the incisive advice our clients need. How we share our knowledge across our business, and with our clients, is critical in delivering value to our clients.
We currently have 25 offices in 15 countries and a number of referral relationships that enable us to offer the reach and insight of a global network, combined with the knowledge and understanding of local markets. With 420 partners and a further 1,450 lawyers working across 10 different time zones, we are able to respond to our clients wherever and whenever they need us.
Our clients value us for being approachable, astute and commercially minded. As a global team we have a reputation for successfully managing large and complex multi-jurisdictional transactions, disputes and projects, and delivering outstanding outcomes for clients in innovative ways.
Ashurst regards an inclusive and diverse environment as critical to its business success. Accordingly, the firm encourages applications from candidates representative of all talent pools. Find out more about our Diversity and Inclusion Strategy on the "About Us" section of our website.
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Business Area - Human Resources
Role: Resourcing Consultant, Fee Earners
Reporting to: Resourcing Manager, Fee Earners
Hours of work -
Core hours are Monday to Friday, 9:30am – 5:30pm, with flexibility required to support business need.
You may be required to work additional hours to meet specific deadlines and/or facilitate project implementations.
Department/ Role Overview:
The Resourcing Consultant, Fee Earners will work with the Resourcing Manager to manage lawyer recruitment across the UK. This role will work with Practice Leaders to advise on all recruitment matters, source and manage candidates, coach candidates and hiring managers to ensure they have a positive experience and that we execute cost effective and direct talent acquisition of Fee earners.
This role will help identify, track, network, assess and recruit high performing diverse talent for both strategic and tactical priorities in addition to tracking and reporting on the activity for the management team.
- Build trust and effectively handle relationships with candidates and senior internal stakeholders
- Act as a Talent Advisor by understanding the internal and external talent landscape, providing an informed perspective on prospects/candidates and how they match against the key selection criteria
- Maintain key intelligence regarding the industry and senior leader movements throughout the market
- Promote and drive low and no fee candidate sourcing strategies and use innovation to create and engage with qualified diverse pools of candidates
- Ensure we adhere to a globally consistent recruitment and assessment framework so that we can measure and track talent
- Coach and drive interview skills training to eliminate bias and ensure we focus on strengths and development points to aid the successful candidate's integration
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in executive search or direct recruitment with a proven track record
- Strong people, partnership, relationship management and consulting skills
- A deep knowledge of the legal sector and it’s talent landscape is advantageous
- Proven ability to drive change and influence stakeholders and senior leaders across the organization and build credibility quickly
- Strong business acumen, intellect, judgement and communication/advisory skills
- Ability to think outside the box and produce new search methodologies for analysing and assessing talent
- Ability to manage complex situations and multiple priorities with a dedication to providing an outstanding candidate and client experience
- Experience with complex compensation negotiations
- Strong attention to detail and risk and control mind-set