Ashurst is a leading global law firm with a history spanning almost 200 years, and clear strategy for our future growth. Our in-depth understanding of our clients and commitment to providing exceptional standards of service have seen us become a trusted adviser to local and global corporates, financial institutions and governments in all areas of commercial law. To find out more please visit here
In order to comply with regulatory and client requirements, Ashurst will undertake appropriate vetting of staff. When applicants accept a job offer, Ashurst, alongside a specialist provider, will undertake professional verification and background checks. These checks are only undertaken with consent, and in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations
Full time, Permanent
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Practice Resource Management Sydney
Department/ Role Overview:
The Resourcing Manager will work with the Head of Resourcing to engage with the Leadership team to execute cost effective and direct talent acquisition in the Legal Fee earner community. This role will help identify, track, network, assess and recruit high performing diverse talent for both strategic and tactical priorities. This will include permanent, near shore and freelancing talent pools to help the firm drive a more agile operating model.
- Execute and deliver the fee earner talent acquisition strategy. This will cover all sourcing channels with an emphasis on cost avoidance. Utilise all internal and external channels, including referrals, events, talent pooling, direct sourcing and using agencies.
- Support the Head of Resourcing with partner level recruitment.
- Build trust and effectively handle relationships with candidates and senior internal stakeholders.
- Act as a Talent Advisor by understanding the internal and external talent landscape.
- Provide an informed perspective on prospects/candidates and how they match against the key selection criteria.
- Maintain key intelligence regarding the industry and senior leader movements throughout the market.
- Promote and drive low and no fee candidate sourcing strategies and use innovation to create and engage with qualified diverse pools of candidates.
- Ensure we adhere to a globally consistent recruitment and assessment framework so that we can measure and track talent.
- Coach and drive interview skills training to eliminate bias and ensure we focus on strengths and development points to aid the successful candidate's integration.
- Work closely with Practice Resource Managers and HR Managers to drive efficiencies with staffing.
Risk and Control: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with our regulatory requires and internal policies.
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrable experience in executive search with a proven track record is advantageous
- Strong people, partnership, relationship management and consulting skills
- A deep knowledge of the legal sector and it’s talent landscape is advantageous
- Proven ability to drive change and influence stakeholders and senior leaders across the organization and build credibility quickly
- Strong business acumen, intellect, judgment and communication/advisory skills
- Ability to think outside the box and produce new search methodologies for analysing and assessing talent
- Ability to manage complex situations and multiple priorities with a dedication to providing an outstanding candidate and client experience
- Experience with complex compensation negotiations
- Asian or European Languages would be advantageous
- Strong attention to detail and risk and control mind-set