Head of Leadership Development (Fixed Term Contract)
- Decisions For Growth
- City, London
- £Competitive Salary plus excellent benefits
- Organisational Development, Head of Change Management, Head of HR
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Contract type
Our client is a world class, FTSE 100 financial services organisation which is passionate about its customers and also outstanding at developing and growing the careers of its employees. This company is proud of having some of the best talent in the industry sector.
The successful individual should have extensive Leadership Development experience, ideally in a UK PLC environment or Professional Services. The individual will have a full understanding of business strategies and goals and an ability to work closely and credibly with the People Function and business stakeholders alike to deliver across the Leadership Development agenda.
This person will lead a small team of Learning professionals to deliver the development agenda across the UK business unit and Group Head Office (c6000 employees).
This is the Subject Matter Expert for Leadership and as such, the scope of the remit will include the following;
- Leading the development and delivery of up to date, best in class leadership development solutions, tools and frameworks to meet business needs.
- Support the development of the business strategy, approaches and solutions to allow the effective development of leaders at all levels alongside the People Leaders.
- Provide subject matter expertise to fulfil future requirements.Using coaching and consultancy skills to engage with the business and HR leaders to deliver high quality, creative strategies that address capability requirements (at all levels up to top 50).
The company’s People agenda focuses on selected projects and processes where it is strategically important to have a consistent and focused approach across the whole organisation. During the term of the contract, the successful individual will lead a small, expert team who are likely to focus on:
- Follow through and embedding of leadership programmes recently launched. This will involve using relevant tools and processes.
- Advancing the culture to become increasingly more embracing of leadership best practice.
- Focusing and designing toolkits to promote team development across the management population.
- Developing the talent pipeline for the medium term by focusing on professional development through school apprenticeship programmes as well as graduate development. This will involve innovative solutions linking with relevant external bodies.
- Degree qualified.
- A proven Leadership Development expert with a track record of working in complex, corporate and possibly regulated environments.
- Blue chip, commercial experience ideally gained in a UK PLC environment
- A true subject matter expert and thought leader with a success story to share in effecting real change.
- Highly confident with Learning Management Systems and digital ways of working.
- A pragmatic and highly effective influencer with a hands on approach – comfortable with ambiguity.
- Great personal impact/gravitas and a confident facilitator of senior leadership groups.
- Accustomed to providing guidance and engagement to a small team.
- A proven influencer and experienced in coaching and able to relate to both the People Function and to business leaders; demonstrably able to contribute commercially.
- Externally networked.Confident and accustomed to managing the delivery of excellent service by third parties.
In the first instance, please send your CV and current salary by clicking on the apply button on Changeboard.