As a Benefits & Wellbeing Assistant Manager you will be responsible for the development, implementation and communication of benefits and wellbeing policies and services throughout the UK firm. This role is part of the UK Benefits and Wellbeing team, this is a busy and progressive team based in Watford with flexibility to travel to London and possibly other KPMG offices when required. The team is part of a wider Performance & Reward team.
The responsibilities of the role
The purpose of this role is to work as part of a small team to develop, implement and communicate a portfolio of core, flexible and voluntary benefits and wellbeing services that are aligned to the firm’s total reward offering. The role-holder will provide project management support in relation to employee benefits and wellbeing, making sure all services meet strategic objectives. The role entails working closely on internal communication, designing the launch and operational delivery of new or revised benefits. On the Wellbeing side, this role provides support to the team in the development, implementation and communication of a portfolio of Wellbeing services to UK employees.
Specific tasks will include:
- Develop and deliver increased employee engagement in the benefits and wellbeing offerings through ongoing clear and comprehensive communication, evidenced through feedback from employees, PLs, HR and other stakeholders.
- Design, source, tender and implement for new benefits and wellbeing services or changes to existing services including provider liaison, agreeing contractual terms, set & monitor service levels, build relationship and manage costs for the business. In some cases the role-holder with have primary responsibility for tenders and for supplier management, working with numerous multi-disciplinary stakeholders.
- Lead on the IT Risk and Security reviews and implementation.
- Training the HR Advisory Team, PeopleCentre and Recruitment teams on wellbeing services and benefits through bespoke workshops, presentations etc.
- Responsibility for updating the benefits and wellbeing intranet content as required.
- Assist with benefits and wellbeing queries providing subject matter expertise to business partners and operational hubs.
- Managing the day to day relationship with external benefits and wellbeing suppliers.
- Ensuring benefits and wellbeing initiatives are linked in with the relevant internal stakeholders- e.g HR Advisory Team, PeopleCentre, Health and Safety, Risk & Compliance, ELAT, Diversity & Inclusion, and external suppliers.
- Overseeing the invoicing process and ensuring payments to suppliers are up to date.
- Covering for other team members in periods of absence, including answering queries, understanding the services available and signpost to further information.
- Inputting to wider team tasks.
- Expertise in sourcing or brokering employee benefits
- Experience in setting up wellbeing services through 3rd party suppliers
- Able to consistently produce work to a high standard, adding value and with little supervision required.
- Adaptable to change and able to/willing to learn new skills and develop expertise.
- Enjoys and is able to deliver under pressure, to tight deadlines and limited resources.
- Ability to take on major stretch assignments and complex tasks.
- Strong project management skills and ability to deliver projects on time.
- Capable of forming effective working relationships with other HR colleagues and other internal colleagues, such as Procurement, Internal Communications, Employment Law Advisory Team and Risk & Compliance.
- Strong communication skills, capable of delivering a comprehensive communication plan both written and verbal; ability to articulate complex arguments credibly to senior stakeholders and to provide clear recommendations for consideration.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload within a busy team and successfully achieve project-related tasks with relatively little supervision.
- Experience of working with external suppliers and managing supplier relationships required
- Has IT literacy skills including reporting, Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Interest in employee benefits and wellbeing and an understanding of the importance to both the business and employees.
- Has numeracy, literacy and analytical ability- to be able to understand and interpret data, solve complex problems and good attention to detail.
- Has a proactive approach and self-motivation, works independently.
- Confident presenter- experience of presenting both internally and externally to wide audiences would be preferred.
- Ability to use initiative, managing emotional and sensitive employee situations such as critical incidents, and be able to deliver difficult messages.
For more information on the role please click the apply button on Changeboard.