Talent Manager - Succession Planning - Permanent
Develop your career at the heart of our business
We have an exciting opportunity for a permanent Talent Manager focused on Succession Planning to be based from either our Bradford, Milton Keynes, Leicester, London or Bootle office.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Succession Planning Manager you will be responsible for providing expertise, consultancy and leading on specific strategic projects and supporting the design, delivery and embedding of Group, Santander UK and regulated succession planning interventions across the Bank.
As a Talent Manager - Succession Planning your main responsibilities will be:
- As a Succession Planning Manager your main responsibilities will be:
- Developing/ Improving/ Administering/ Reviewing and Analysing succession data, providing timely and knowledgeable data metrics on an ongoing and 'real time' basis'. This includes indicative and predictive forecasting of succession planning data (highlighting any risks and succession gaps as well as overall bench strength) and the preparation of succession documents, for senior stakeholders. The role will also encompass responsibility for other leadership and talent data as it evolves.
- Identify inaccurate data and drive process improvements in order to ensure data integrity.
- Continuous review and design of succession literature and materials for agreed initiatives ensuring there is a clear line of sight to our organisational strategy and focus.
- Design and implementation of market-leading succession planning interventions, curating or creating best in class tools and frameworks as appropriate.
- Providing advice and lead the design, management and expert guidance to the agreed process guidelines for the succession planning processes and frameworks (including project plan, timelines, communications, data records, etc.). Simultaneously engage stakeholders within the business and HR function to ensure there is a coherent and consistent understanding of these processes and frameworks.
Minimum skills and experience required
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and the ability to effectively present and explain complex analysis in a clear and simple way.
- Ability to bring external market and subject matter expertise in succession planning, talent management and leadership. Previous experience in HR and a specialist talent role is essential.
- Advanced user of MS Excel to manipulate sizeable datasets in a logical way and present meaningful insights to inform business decisions.
- Accomplished in using data to drive insight and decision making.
- Growth mind-set e.g. design thinking and rapid prototyping of new approaches, processes and/or improvements to existing Talent and Leadership frameworks.
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- £6,000 car allowance per year
- Company funded Individual Private medical Insurance
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance for your family, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes, be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
Triton Square, London
Our Triton Square office in London is conveniently located within walking distance from Euston Station and Warren Street Station. It's one of our biggest offices in the UK and is home to a range of key functions for the bank from Marketing, Finance and Risk to Digital and HR. With an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.
You'll be based in one of our biggest offices in the UK, right in the heart of Milton Keynes, home to a range of key functions including Marketing, Finance and Risk and conveniently located only a short walking distance from Milton Keynes Central rail station and Shopping Centre. Offering an onsite gym, restaurant, coffee shop and banking facilities, the atmosphere is a vibrant one with plenty of opportunities to socialise and get involved in local community and charity work.