HR M&A Manager - Transaction Services
KPMG is a market leader in providing Deal Advisory services to clients when they are buying, selling, or transforming businesses. The HR M&A team is a specialist team within Deal Advisory and has been helping clients with their people related issues in M&A for over 12 years. We work at the forefront of transactions, helping both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal people and organisational issues related to M&A.
KPMG research routinely shows that one of the biggest reasons for deals failing is people, our team helps to mitigate this. We deal with all aspects of the employee journey in M&A, from early stage strategy development and organisational design for carve-outs, to synergy cases and cost benefits, employee experience and corporate cultures, developing TUPE transfer processes and Union negotiation strategies. We work together to develop solutions to the issues our clients may face, and understand the financial benefits or risks that may be present from a people perspective
As an area of focus and investment for KPMG there is an opportunity to be part of a fast growing, dynamic and diverse team, made up of employment lawyers, HR professionals, transaction experts.
The Manager role is a key role to the team, leading and delivering projects across our four key client proposition areas:
1) Employee experience
2) Organisational Strategy Development
3) Labour relations and compliance
4) HR operations
The existing members of the team have specialisms in one specific area or work across all areas of the client propositions.
Team members are not expected to be able to have all skill sets.
In this role, you will work on and lead projects, working closely alongside senior members of the team, who will provide guidance and insight into the deal environment, enabling you to build your transactions knowledge and further develop your people, OD, strategy and HR skills base.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading small to medium sized engagements and being the day to day support for clients on these engagements.
- Due Diligence
- Contributing to and reviewing Integration and Separation related deal and transaction reports from a people or strategy perspective.
- Analysing and data mapping to comment on the people elements of the business including cost, numbers, people and legal issues such as TUPE or unions, systems and HR contracts.
- Providing insights on people aspects of the deal that are relevant to the client and readers of the due diligence reports and to be able to explain issues simply, highlighting the impact of people on business strategy, operations and, ultimately, deal valuation.
- Developing an understanding of people benchmarks and qualitative information to provide insights to clients to describe a typical organisational / functional headcount, design and associated cost.
- Contributing content for sections of reports/deliverables.
Integration & Separation
- Advising on people, strategy and organisational design aspects of integration, separation (carve outs) and optimisation initiatives (e.g. synergy analysis) including the development of target operating models, understanding the current people landscape, defining transitional service agreements, developing detailed plans, and supporting the implementation.
- Lead the HR/OD workstream on integrations and separations within a team of Integration & Separation colleagues, working with and supporting the client workstream leads.
- Facilitating and leading key client workshops and meetings, designing and building materials.
- Identifying and/or reviewing of client organisational design and people based synergies.
- Interacting with senior client and internal stakeholders, coaching junior team members.
- Responsibility for ensuring engagement management protocols are followed and kept up to date including quality and risk management.
- Provide support to a number of different aspects such as preparation of proposal materials, development of propositions, development of tools, methodologies and templates.
- A good understanding of or background in HR, OD or Strategy, ideally in a M&A environment.
- Experience of working on M&A projects and understanding of consultation beneficial
- People specialism such as: People strategy, TUPE, HR functions, processes and technology, Union engagement, best practice organisational design, employee engagement, talent analysis, recruitment and retention. (Not all specialisms are required and a deep understanding in one area could be sufficient)
- Bachelor's degree qualification, professional qualification welcome.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including reporting.
- Ability to work well under pressure, successful programme management experience.
- Comfort with ambiguity, fluid consulting situations and a highly pressured environment.
- You will need to be willing to travel.
For more information on the role please click the apply button on Changeboard.