Senior HR Assistant - Student Onboarding
- HR Assistant, Recruitment & Resourcing
- Job Level
- Assistant / Administrator /Co-ordinator
- Contract type
The People Function plays a pivotal role in supporting the overall business strategy. In order to do this we are continually reviewing the way we recruit, develop and reward the people that work for KPMG to make sure that we attract and retain the very best and most diverse talent in the market place and enable them to achieve extraordinary things for our clients. At the heart of our people strategy lies a simple but powerful statement – “our people are extraordinary”
The People Operations teams sits in the Operations Excellence Hub within KBS, providing administrative and advisory support to our UK Business and through our ‘service pledge’ underpins our overall People Strategy and Vision. The operation consists of a HR Shared Services team, a HR Technology team and a HR Transformation team. Customer centric, we are consistently looking for ways to exceed expectations of our people across the business with the service we deliver.
Context of role
As a Senior HR Assistant in the Student Onboarding team, you will be working as part of a team responsible for making offers to and carrying out onboarding activities for approximately 1700 graduates and apprentices recruited annually into the firm. Your role will be to support and assist the HR Assistants in coordinating the onboarding process for all of our students, from notification of intent to offer, through to their first day with KPMG. You will take ownership of all allocation and quality assurance activities, as well as supporting the Team Leader in the overall delivery of each intake.
This role will entail close working with other People Operations teams, liaising across the business with key stakeholders, and also coordinating with numerous 3rd parties. You will be perceived as proactive, credible and accountable, and will assist the HR Assistants in managing challenging conversations and working with the business, drawing on advice from expert teams and senior colleagues. You will be encouraged to use your initiative when facing complications and drive solutions to support any improvements of efficiencies to achieve key deliverables.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
- Possess a strong understanding of the policies surrounding the KPMG recruitment and onboarding processes
- Conduct training and induction for all new joiners into the team as well as identifying training needs and providing ad hoc training to ensure the team understand their role and how to deliver a first class onboarding experience.
- Maintain process documents ensuring these are up to date and fit for purpose
- Manage a number of your own onboarding cases where required, ensuring you deliver a first class onboarding experience and set an example to the rest of the team
- Proactively develop strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders – including external candidates, 3rd parties and associates.
- Act as first point of escalation – resolving and identifying satisfactory solutions for our clients and the team, whilst escalating to the Team Leader where appropriate.
- Act as System Champion for the Team, administering any back end changes required to ensure all information is up to date and correct.
- Continuously consider process improvements and drive their implementation
- Conduct quality assurance of work completed by team members and monitor errors to understand training needs and performance issues.
- Support the Team Leader and Assistant Manager with reporting, report analysis, quality control and performance management of the team
- Take responsibility for ad hoc project work as required. In addition, you may be asked to lead or support on wider ad hoc People Operations projects and tasks from time to time and you will be expected to work on this alongside your normal workload
- Build relationships with other People Operations teams, and encourage the team to do so as well, ensuring we are working together as an effective Shared Service Centre. You will be an advocate for change across People Operations and the wider KBS landscape
- Take personal responsibility to adhere to ISO standards
Experience, Qualification and Skills
- High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment;
- Excellent customer service skills, with a passion for delivering an outstanding level of service to a wide and complex client base;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- An appreciation of the necessary accountability and ownership required to succeed
- Excellent communicator – written and verbal;
- The ability to influence and confidently negotiate at all levels;
- Previous experience in providing ongoing training to others
- Good organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
- The ability to prioritise workloads under a high pressure, autonomous environment;
- Good proficiency with IT Office, including: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. as well as SAP or equivalent HR system;
- A team player, proactively seeking opportunities to share and develop the knowledge and skills set within the Student Onboarding Team.
For more information on the role please click the apply button on Changeboard.