Assessment and Development Manager
As the Assessment and Development Manager you will have overall responsibility for the commercial assessment and development centre.
The Government Commercial Organisation is being created as a newly formed business unit of the Cabinet Office, specifically to address the need for a strong commercial profession in government with high professional standards. This, combined with skilled and supported people, is essential to address the commercial capability challenges across government. The GCO will become a trusted and respected provider of consistently high quality, professional commercial specialists, who will be deployed to departments.
On the Assessment or Development Centre day:
- Lead the ADC days to observe participants during exercises, capture assessor scores and summary statements.
- Ensure assessors are following the guidance, applying the rating scales correctly and ensuring objective assessment. This will include providing live feedback to the assessors throughout the day and subsequently, where necessary.
- Manage the effective running of the moderation meeting at the end of each ADC day, leading the discussion on each participant, listening to, and potentially challenging, assessors' scores and commentary to support accurate results and output reports.
After the Assessment or Development Centre day:
- Ensuring that the output reports are an accurate reflection of performance, are of high quality and are produced within 5 working days of the ADC.
- Ensuring a quality detailed feedback conversation is available to both participants and for internal participants, their line manager, delivered either face to face or via the phone.
- Recording and monitoring a number of metrics around feedback e.g. tracking number of days for reports to be issued and feedback to be given; logging responses to feedback.
- Undertaking detailed analysis of results to enable conclusions to be drawn about the commercial population being assessed, as well as the assessors and materials identifying key trends and themes.
- Working with Talent teams to ensure the most appropriate development plans are put in place.
As part of the wider Assessment & Development Centre team:
- Delivering briefings and training to new assessors joining the programme.
- Delivering kick off events, participant briefings and masterclasses to individuals due to attend the Assessment & Development Centre or those undertaking a resit.
- Participating in a number of ad hoc projects as the team grows.
The Centre is primarily based in Barbican, London but may occasionally be at centres throughout the country and the team will be expected to travel to those locations as and when required. At present we expect this requirement to be around 2 to 3 days per month shared amongst the team of ADC managers, but this is subject to change.
As the GCO matures and develops the ADC Manager will be required to support the changing needs of both the ADC team and supporting the wider team. Specifically a training and accreditation scheme for contract management is currently being developed and will require the support of the Assessment and Development Centre team. In addition there are ad hoc opportunities to participate in a number of activities to support the other teams, for example facilitating at Learning & Development sessions and providing coaching to GCO members.
- Experience in delivering feedback (face to face) from Assessment and Development centres.
- Detailed knowledge of Learning & Development best practice.
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders, both as part of a team of peers and being confident yet sympathetic when holding challenging conversations.
- Excellent attention to detail in both team environments and in written reports and communication.
- Experience identifying and implementing interventions to address skills gaps.
- Ideally you will have experience of running moderation sessions in an Assessment and Development centre environment.
Circa 54k a generous pension plus package.
More search results
HR Business Partner, Performance Assessment
Human Resources - People Director
The Finsbury Group Ltd.
Human Resources Business Partner - Hotel Services
Cleveland Clinic London
Interim Senior HRBP – Financial Services
Human Resources Business Partner - Nursing
Cleveland Clinic London