Head Of People
- Page Group
- Lewisham, London
- £70000 - £75000 per annum
- Change Management, HR Manager, Learning & Development, Organisational Development
- Job Level
- Director / Head / VP
- Contract type
Work in partnership with senior managers on developing the organisation's People Development objectives and ensure that their strategies and plans support the needs of the business. Contribute to the development of the Business plan and manage the organisation's design to ensure a sustainable business which delivers the organisation's growth objectives
Lewisham Homes is an ambitious and growing organisation managing 19,000 homes on behalf of Lewisham Council.
We are a not-for-profit organisation leading the borough's first council housing development programme in 30 years.
With a new Chief Executive, we have big ambitions for the future. Not least is to deliver Lewisham Mayor's target of building 1,000 new social homes in the borough by 2022. As an organisation we deliver services to a range of diverse residents in general needs and independent living homes as well as temporary accommodation and hostels; in addition, one third of homes are leasehold. We have our own Direct Labour Organisation, our own Estate and Grounds Maintenance teams and with our Community Investment team we work closely with our communities to develop thriving places to live.
We are now looking for a Head of People to join our Leadership Team, reporting into the Assistant Director of People, Communications and Performance, and help driving the business forward through our people. You will need to have a background that includes; managing and implementing a people strategy with an emphasis on organizational; leading on change initiatives.
- Manage and implement a People Strategy that supports the organisation's business objectives with increased emphasis on Organisation Development and increasing internal capability
- Lead on cultural and organisational change initiatives, embedding the values and developing the behaviours within the organisation.
- Work in partnership and as a trusted advisor with the Leadership Group. Provide professional advice on employee resourcing, employee relations and employee development activities
- Implement and lead on a strategic and operational level around the People and organisations development.
- Leading on change initiatives as well as culture shifts within the business with a focus on values and behaviours.
- You will need to work with the Leadership group and be able to give professional advice around employee resourcing, ER as well as well as other employee development activities. This will involve complex case work.
- Have a good understanding on Health and safety regulations as well as ensuring a consistent diversity and inclusion strategy across the functions.
- You will use your understanding of the Housing or not for profit sector to help align the changes with the business needs
Have full autonomy and high level of influence in this role
Opportunity for development