Regional Health, Safety and Wellbeing Consultant - Newcastle
Making banking easier for all of our customers
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Health, Safety and WellBeing Consultant to join our office based in Newcastle.
The purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive health and safety information, advice and management services to Santander UK Companies ensuring the health, safety and wellbeing of their staff, contractors and visitors is adequately protected.
The successful candidate will also be accountable for assuring compliance with UK health and safety legislation within Santander UK Companies and the protection of Santander's business reputation and brand.
We're passionate about helping people and businesses prosper and we strive to be simple, personal and fair in everything we do. That's why we've built a culture of respect, where everyone is empowered to keep their promises and go above-and-beyond for our customers, colleagues and the communities we serve.
As a Regional Health, Safety and Wellbeing Consultant your main responsibilities will be
- Prepare and implement policies and procedures to identify, analyse and manage the full range of financial sector health, safety and wellbeing risks
- Manages compliance with UK health and safety legislation including Regulations, HSE Approved Codes of Practice and Industry Standards
- Visit head office and branch premises within a defined region to provide managers and colleagues with an on-site assessment and advisory service; including formal risk assessments, accident and incident investigations and litigation defence
- Clearly communicate the business case for effective health and safety management
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders to ensure the adoption of Santander's Fire Safety Plans within each allocated head office building
- Plan and carry out quarterly safety audits within allocated operating divisions; including within the 800 strong branch network
- Provide and emergency reactive service to line managers and union officials who are concerned that a colleague is vulnerable and sensitive, and may present a significant personal safety risk
Minimum skills and experience required
- Candidates must have a NEBOSH diploma or equivalent qualification
- Solid hands-on post qualification experience within a similar role
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to manage own workload effectively, juggling multiple tasks
- Good communication and presentation skills
For your commitment and success, Santander offers a competitive basic salary with a distinct career development opportunity. In addition to your salary and bonus, we offer you a benefits package that's flexible and allows you to be in control, as well as all the policies, tools and guidance to support you.
Other Santander benefits include:
- Pension with generous contributions from Santander
- 27 days' holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as Private medical insurance, Dental insurance, Healthcare Cash Plan and Health assessments
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform. Save money on everything from groceries, electronics, fashion, holidays and much more
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as voluntary Life assurance and Critical illness cover
- Option to a Company car if you drive more than 8,000 business miles per year
- Access to an All Employee car scheme
- Excellent employee recognition schemes - be recognised for demonstrating great behaviours
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
We'll give you more than a job, we'll give you a purpose - to help people and businesses prosper.
Our aim is to be the best bank for our people, customers, shareholders and communities and we're making it happen by focusing on the behaviours that bring everyone together. By bringing passion, talking straight, embracing change, showing respect, speaking up, keeping promises, giving support, truly listening and actively collaborating, we believe we can really make a difference.
We've created an environment where we always put people first, that's why we offer flexible work options to help you do your job in a way that suits you. Whatever your unique ambitions, you'll have plenty of room to grow, with tailored training and development opportunities and a wide range of benefits designed to suit your lifestyle. What's more, we'll also support you in making a difference through our volunteering and fundraising schemes. Our commitment to our people hasn't gone unnoticed and we've been listed as one of Britain's Top Employers by the Top Employers Institute since 2012.
Time to apply
If this sounds like a role you're interested in then please apply on the link below.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Santander are an equal opportunities employer who are simple, personal and fair in everything we do. For more information on our commitment to equal opportunities, please visit our diversity page here.