Senior HR Advisor- 12 month FTC
- Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
- £28000.00 - £31000.00 per annum
- HR Adviser
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Transport & Logistics
- Contract type
Senior HR Advisor - 12 month FTC
Your new company
My client are a highly successful logistics provider with an exclusive contract with one of the UK's fastest growing retail business. Following continued growth, they now have a requirement for an experienced Senior HR Advisor to join their team in Stoke on Trent, initially on a 12 month FTC basis with an immediate start available.
Your new role
Reporting to the site HR Manager, you will ensure the provision of a high quality HR service to all stakeholders in all areas of HR including resource, employee relations, learning & development and reward and supporting the delivery of the people agenda supporting the customer and site requirements.
- Supporting the management team with ER issues and providing generalist HR support and advice for the department as required.
- Ensuring all site and company policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Supporting ongoing volume recruitment and selection.
- Supporting large scale change projects and maintaining excellent relationships with the on site employee forum.
- Playing an active role in forward thinking and fast action responses to the control of absence and retention ensuring contractual KPIs are achieved and maintained.
- Supporting the site HR Manager ensuring relevant management training is identified, sourced and delivered, promoting a culture of learning and development across site.
- Proactively facilitate and champion employee engagement initiatives across the department.
- Responsible for the development of the team of 2 HR Assistants
- Partnering the Health & Safety team and supporting H&S activities to reduce lost time incidents
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant HR experience. Ideally CIPD qualified with first-hand experience of dealing with complex ER issues.
What you'll need to succeed
- Able to apply high levels of common sense and logic to often delicate and complicated situations and therefore possess excellent listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and varied environment, with experience in adapting to change based on business requirements
- Sound knowledge of employment law.
- Excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to interact with staff at all levels.
- Must possess and excellent level of written communication skills, with the ability to construct detailed reports, case letters and present MI data
- Must be committed to providing a high quality and efficient service to support the operation.
- Ability to approach issues with a proactive, forward thinking approach, applying innovation that can be reflected to our customer and stakeholders
- Should have the ability to align HR to operational requirements.
- Must be flexible in terms of hours of work and travel, with the requirement to support sites within the contract and occasionally local sites.
What you'll get in return
This is an ideal role for an individual who is looking to develop their HR career in a high profile and exciting environment Excellent benefits including generous holidays, pension scheme, life assurance & free on site gymnasium.
The role pays c£28,000-£31,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.