My client is well known retail business based in Reading looking to hire an experienced ER Advisor to join their HR function. You will have the desire and passion to work for a fast paced, large retail organisation.
You will be providing employee relations support and advice to the Retail Management teams across the UK and northern Ireland. Coaching line managers on employee relations cases and HR Policies and undertaking basic case management of Employment Tribunals.
Duties will include:
- Support and coach line managers at all levels of the business, providing accurate and timely advice on, disciplinary, grievance, capability (sickness and performance) and probation cases
- Review ER letters and provide feedback to line managers on whether the content is clear, objective and legally compliant and manage this within the SLA timescales
- Support and coach line managers on other ER policies and matters e.g. flexible working, family leave, holiday, working hours etc.
- Support the ER Manager in providing timely and accurate responses to high profile employee relations queries
- Support senior managers in dealing with high profile ER cases giving accurate and timely advice; note taking; and support on letter writing.
- Liaise with external legal providers and key stakeholders in non-complex claims in order to facilitate the case within the legal deadlines
- Attend occasional employment tribunals to support the key witnesses and represent the business and use key learnings to improve the quality of future advice and limit business risk
- Keep up-to-date with all legislation changes which affect the business
You will ideally have:
- Experience in Employee Relations in a fast moving, multi-site organisation; including practical experience in managing day to day ER cases
- Up-to-date working knowledge of employment law
- Strong influencing skills
- Ability to coach others on ER cases
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships at all levels