Your new company
A commercial technology organisation
Your new role
The Learning and Development Officer will join our clients CIPD award winning Talent and Development team and support the design, delivery and implementation of high quality, high energy initiatives aligned with the L&D strategy. This is a varied role in a fast-paced business experiencing significant growth and change. The Learning & Development Officer will act as a local point of contact for the wider team, managing stakeholder expectations and escalating identified development needs.
This role is based in Basingstoke with some travel.
- Delivering Company Induction for new employees, and initial functional skills, sales, systems and procedural training.
- Ensuring competency in new recruits, managing a smooth new starter transition to team.
- Delivering additional targeted functional skills, systems and process training according to identified business needs. Knowledge of Oracle or SAP is advantageous but not essential.
- Supporting line managers with the ongoing development of their teams including the probationary reviews, annual review process, coaching and ongoing training.
- Managing stakeholders on site ensuring that all development needs are being raised with the L&D Manager and/or Head of T&D.
- Additional ad-hoc activities as specified by the L&D Manager or Head of T& D.
- Reviewing, revising and updating learning and development material to ensure the department offers the highest standard at all times with initiatives that are credible and in line with business objectives.
- Coordinating the logistics and resources of all L&D interventions ensuring that business needs are a priority and that any corresponding administration is up to date.
- Keeping informed of developments in the organisation and the wider IT industry, as well as in the learning and development field.
What you'll need to succeed
- Graduate or graduate calibre
- Knowledge of the full training cycle
- An engaging, interactive and flexible delivery style
- Experience working in a fast paced, sales or service focussed environment
- Ability to communicate with and influence individuals and groups at all levels
- Driving licence and willingness to travel to other office locations as required
- Demonstrable experience in helping others to develop
- Organisation skills - able to plan and prioritise own time and be self-motivated
- Self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude
- Experience of working in a busy target driven environment
- Willingness to study towards a professional L&D qualification.
What you'll get in return
A base salary of £24,000 - £28,000 + benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.