Your new company
A commercial UK Business
Your new role
The Learning and Development Officer will our clients CIPD award winning Talent and Development team and support the design, delivery and implementation of high quality, high energy initiatives aligned with their L&D strategy. This is a varied role in a fast-paced business experiencing significant growth and change. This role is based in Basingstoke and will have some travel.
- Managing stakeholders ensuring that all development needs are being raised
- Design, delivery and evaluation of leadership and management material across various talent pools within the business; apprenticeships, aspiring managers, existing managers, senior leadership team etc
- Supporting line managers with the ongoing development of their teams including the annual review process, probationary reviews, coaching and ongoing training and ensuring all employees have personal development plans
- Supporting stakeholders in developing their talent pipelines, using tools such as 360 feedback and 9 box grid and identifying development opportunities to maximise potential
- Delivering competency workshops, aligning competencies to job roles in order to support managers to drive performance
- Reviewing, revising and updating learning and development material to ensure the department offers the highest standard at all times with initiatives that are credible and in line with business objectives
- Coordinating the logistics and resources of all L&D interventions ensuring that business needs are a priority and that any corresponding administration is up to date
- Additional ad-hoc activities as specified by the Head of Talent & Engagement
- Keeping informed of developments within the organisation and the wider IT industry, as well as in the learning and development field
What you'll need to succeed
- Graduate or graduate calibre
- Knowledge of the full training cycle
- A strong facilitator with an engaging, interactive and flexible delivery style
- Experience working in commercially focussed environment
- Ability to communicate with and influence individuals and groups at all levels
- Driving licence and willingness to travel to other office locations as required
- Demonstrable experience in helping others to develop
- Self-starter with a 'can-do' attitude
- Organisation skills - able to plan and prioritise own time and be self-motivated
- Willingness to study towards a professional L&D qualification.
What you'll get in return
A base salary of up to £35,000 plus benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.