Early Careers Manager
- Spirax-Sarco Engineering PLC
- Cheltenham / Other locations would be considered
- up to £50,000 + Car, Bonus & Company Benefits
- Organisational Development, Recruitment & Resourcing, Talent Management
- Job Level
- Contract type
Salary: up to £50,000 (Negotiable & DOE)) + Company Car, Bonus + Benefits
You may not have heard of Spirax-Sarco Engineering, but your life has almost certainly been influenced by the work we do. Everything you come across has been touched in one way or another by our products in virtually every area of industry, such as food, beverages, healthcare and pharmaceuticals.
We have for the 2nd year running, been voted one of Britain’s most admired companies – having recently been promoted to the FTSE 100 - but it’s our people that makes us special. We encourage innovation and ingenuity, support each other and are passionate about recruiting the best possible talent into our business.
Our Early Careers Manager is responsible for our early career talent pipeline globally, and in particular is responsible for our Global Graduate Program which comprises about 50 participants across a dozen countries.
We are looking for a Talent Management professional to provide the vision, strategy and execution to develop our early career programme into a powerful talent pipeline that will significantly impact our business. Reporting to the Group Head of Talent and Organisational Development, you will be responsible for all aspects of our graduate program, including recruitment, assessment, on boarding, development and placements. You will also be responsible for the career development of early career talent post-programme, as well as for developing and executing our STEM development strategy.
Your objectives and responsibilities will focus on…
- Attracting the right calibre of early career talent in multiple countries across the group, ensuring that the business attracts talent from a diverse background
- Robust assessment to ensure the best calibre talent joins the programme and the business
- Managing the program to ensure that each participant benefits from the optimal mix of rotations, mentoring, training and exposure to maximise their development
- Developing and promoting the brand of our early career programmes, inside and outside the organisation
- Developing and executing a comprehensive approach to managing the career development and supporting the career progression of early career talent once they have completed the programme.
- Refining and managing our STEM development strategy
Your previous experience is likely to include…
- Experience of managing or participating in graduate programmes
- Talent Assessment, either in recruiting externally or assessing talent internally
- Broader aspects of Talent Management (e.g. career development, coaching & mentoring, workforce planning, succession planning etc.)
To be successful in this role...
You will need excellent networking, communication and coaching skills. You will be an innovative and strategic thinker with the ability to sell your ideas and put them into action. You will be comfortable communicating at executive level, and will enjoy working across different cultures, languages and time-zones. Your ‘can do’ attitude and tenacity to see things through, have been key attributes to your success so far. Additional languages will be an advantage, and you will be able and willing to travel as and when required.
In return, we offer:
- 25 days holiday (plus bank Holidays)
- Company Car/Cash
- Enhanced Group Personal Pension Plan
- Enhanced Life assurance
- Enhanced maternity policy
- Comprehensive Private Healthcare
- Cycle scheme vouchers
- Sharesave scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised restaurants
- Personal Discounts Portal
- Discretionary bonus
Spirax-Sarco Engineering plc is an equal opportunities employer, and we encourage differences in ethnicity, gender, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, physical and mental ability, thinking styles, experience and education.
We also welcome applications from candidates who would like to explore flexible working arrangements. The role is ideally based in Cheltenham, Gloucestershire but other locations would be considered.