Senior HR Business Partner
- The Home Office
- London - City of Westminster
- £64,736-£74,446 + Bens
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
Senior HR Business Partner (Grade 6)
Your new role
Based in Westminster, Senior HR Business Partners are experts focused on delivering innovative services, products and solutions against their customer needs. You will lead and empower your HRBPs to take full responsibility for the end to end HR service enabling business leaders to continuously improve performance through robust workforce planning; leadership development; organisational effectiveness; staff capability and skills; staff engagement and talent development.
Operating at a strategic and tactical advisory level you will be an integral member of your business area’s management teams, respected for your insight and input into the development of business strategy.
What you'll do day-to-day
- Working with senior business leaders, you will participate in the design and champion implementation of the directorate Business and People Strategies;
- Working across the HR Value Chain, you will effectively and efficiently implement HR basics as well as HR policy and programmes underpinned by enhanced MI to deliver taxpayer VFM and a high standard of HR service delivery whilst ensuring diversity needs are fully integrated;
- Acting as the people lead, you will partner senior managers to develop robust organisational structures and resourcing plans which are underpinned by robust MI; are aligned to strategic goals and proactively respond to current and future demands;
- Working alongside senior managers you will build capability in line with strategic goals to maximise capability and skills across a diverse workforce;
- Acting as the people lead you will proactively identify and advise on talent and development initiatives to maximise staff capability and skills and build a highly skilled workforce to achieve excellence at all levels;
- Supporting senior leaders with Employee Relations and interpreting legal advice;
- Working collaboratively, you will lead change initiatives which are informed by meaningful workforce insight to deliver improved organisational performance and flexibility;
- You will present yourself with credibility and an agility that allows you to thrive within a business which relies on constant innovation and change;
- You will use your positive relationship management skills to gain consensus with your senior leaders to organisational priorities overcoming resistance through your advanced negotiation and influencing skills.
- Working collaboratively across your teams and across the Function you will lead, develop and empower colleagues to provide sophisticated, ‘right first time’ HR solutions, products and services that improve performance in an ever changing, complex environment.
- You will understand how to navigate the complex with curiosity to support our diverse business and promote a unified Civil Service HR Profession.
Have broad generalist operational and strategic HR experience in a constantly changing fast-paced environment; including demonstrated capability to deliver on the majority below:
- Initiating, advising and deploying strategies to improve productivity and performance
- Enabling effective business use of complex reward structures
- Interventions to improve depth and diversity of talent pipelines within an organisation
- Deploying measures to improve employee engagement
- Effective coaching of senior management to resolve people issues
- Planning for future workforce needs and project managing a roadmap to achieve these
- Organisational design and development interventions
- Employee relations and casework
- Be experienced in confidently guiding senior leaders through effective organisational change;
- Have gained significant HR experience within a business partner/manager role within a large/complex unionised multi-site organisation;
- Be an exceptional communicator with the ability to influence and partner at all levels;
- Experience of analysing HR metrics, and of interpreting and reporting complex data, and:
- Demonstrate experience in successfully leading and managing a team
Applicants must be MCIPD qualified.
Closing/interview dates and location
The closing date for applications is 08/02/2019.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on the week commencing 11/03/2019.
If you are interested in this role or would like further information please click the apply button.