HR Business Partner
- The Home Office
- Greater London
- £54,121-£62,239 per year + Bens
- HR Business Partner
- Job Level
- Business Partner
- Contract type
HR Business Partner (Grade 7)
Your new company
HR in the Home Office means unlocking the potential of more than 30,000 people to ensure one of the original great Departments of State has the talent, performance and resources to keep our borders secure and our citizens safe. If you are ready to take up an innovative role within our exciting environment of constant and fast paced change then this is the opportunity for you.
Your new role
Based in Heathrow, our HR Business partners are experts focused on delivering Innovative services, products and solutions against their customers’ needs. They take full accountability for the end to end HR service enabling business leaders to improve performance through robust workforce planning; leadership development; organisational effectiveness; staff capability and skills; staff engagement and talent development. Operating at a strategic and tactical advisory level they are an integral member of their business area’s management teams, respected for their insight and input into the development of business strategy.
What you'll do day-to-day
- Working with senior business leaders, you will participate in the design and champion implementation of the directorate Business and People Strategies;
- Working across the HR Value Chain, you will effectively and efficiently implement HR basics as well as HR policy and programmes underpinned by enhanced MI to deliver taxpayer VFM and a high standard of HR service delivery whilst ensuring diversity needs are fully integrated;
- Acting as the people lead, you will partner senior managers to develop robust organisational structures and resourcing plans which are underpinned by robust MI; are aligned to strategic goals and proactively respond to current and future demands;
- Working alongside senior managers you will build capability in line with strategic goals to maximise capability and skills across a diverse workforce;
- Acting as the people lead you will proactively identify and advise on talent and development initiatives to maximise staff capability and skills and build a highly skilled workforce to achieve excellence at all levels;
- Supporting senior leaders with Employee Relations and interpreting legal advice;
- Working collaboratively, you will lead change initiatives which are informed by meaningful workforce insight to deliver improved organisational performance and flexibility;
- You will present yourself with credibility and an agility that allows you to thrive within a business which relies on constant innovation and change;
- You will understand how to navigate the complex with curiosity to support our diverse business and promote a unified Civil Service HR Profession.
Have broad generalist operational and strategic HR experience in a constantly changing fast-paced environment; including demonstrated capability to deliver on the majority below:
- Initiating, advising and deploying strategies to improve productivity and performance
- Enabling effective business use of complex reward structures
- Interventions to improve depth and diversity of talent pipelines within an organisation
- Deploying measures to improve employee engagement
- Effective coaching of senior management to resolve people issues
- Planning for future workforce needs and project managing a roadmap to achieve these
- Organisational design and development interventions
- Employee relations and casework
- Be experienced in confidently guiding senior leaders through effective organisational change;
- Be an exceptional communicator, both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate experience in business partnering with a management team and effective management of stakeholder expectations
- Experience of analysing HR metrics, and of interpreting and reporting complex data, and:
Applicants must be MCIPD or alternatively CIPD Level 5 qualified and prepared to work towards achieving chartered status in 18 months, support for which will be provided.
Civil Service Benefits - Extensive benefits
Closing/interview dates and location
The closing date for applications is 08/02/2019.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on the week commencing 11/03/2019.
If you are interested in the role or would like further information please click the apply button.