Strategic Workforce Planning Lead
- The Home Office
- £54,121-£62,239 per year + Bens
- Change Management, HR Analyst, HR Generalist, HR Systems & Data Analytics, Organisational Development
- Job Level
- Contract type
Strategic Workforce Planning Lead (Grade 7)
Your new company
HR in the Home Office means unlocking the potential of more than 30,000 people to ensure one of the original great Departments of State has the talent, performance and resources to keep our borders secure and our citizens safe. If you are ready to take up an innovative role within our exciting environment of constant and fast paced change then this is the opportunity for you.
Your new role
Based in Croydon our strategic workforce planning leads are data experts focused on delivering sophisticated workforce and resource solutions in a constantly changing environment. They are people experts working across a wide network of colleagues from strategy; business planning; finance; transformation and the wider HR Value Chain to ensure current workforce and resource plans support the Home Office’s challenging agenda to keep the UK safe whilst also supporting the Department’s transformation portfolio and leading on national challenges such as planning a successful EU Exit.
Operating at a strategic and tactical advisory level they are a critical friend adept at analysing and assessing current structures, skills & capability requirements along with wider demographic challenges and political imperatives to challenge the business and drive the formulation of robust sophisticated plans that meet both business and departmental priorities.
What you'll do day-to-day
- You will lead the HR Workforce Planning Team (WFP) developing and empowering team members to drive HR workforce planning policy and provide sophisticated, ‘right first time’ WFP solutions for an ever changing, complex environment. You will lead your team in analysing and protecting the privileged data you work with.
- You will be adept at distilling workforce planning information into compelling presentations and will lead by example in coaching and developing your team to develop stronger links within the business and to build their capability in storytelling with data;
- You will present yourself with credibility and an agility that allows you to thrive within a business which relies on constant innovation and change;
- You will use your positive relationship management skills to gain consensus and ensure your senior leaders make the right workforce planning decisions overcoming resistance through your advanced negotiation and influencing skills.
- You will lead the production of regular and ad hoc briefing on workforce composition and trends affecting circa 32,000 staff to a range of departmental boards.
- You will lead the Department’s engagement with the cross-government Strategic Planning Network Community working closely with the Cabinet Office to ensure you play a pivotal role in workforce planning developments effecting the Home Office workforce.
- As team leader you will play a pivotal role in the futureproofing of workforce planning through your involvement in future design solutions to automate WFP.
Analytical capability to assess and derive insights from workforce planning data.
- You will apply the broadest thinking and challenge to workforce planning data – including external research and evidence
- You will be able to manipulate data and present it in a compelling way
- You will be able to analyse data at macro and micro level to understand the big picture and the influencing factors.
- You will be able to work at pace, delivering a high-quality product
- You will be responsive to changing demands
- You will deliver what you set out to deliver
Curious and innovative
- You will be interested in new ways of doing things
- You will seek to understand the effect of the different levers available to the organisation that enable it to deliver its workforce plan
- Experienced in developing collaborative working relationships, influencing thinking and planning to achieve strategic outputs, dealing confidently with partners at all levels
- Inspire others within the team to think and work strategically, building their capability and skill.
The closing date for applications is 08/02/2019.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on the week commencing 11/03/2019.
For further information please click the apply button.