HR Adviser - Maternity Cover
- Atrium Ltd
- £35,000 - £40,000
- HR Adviser
- Job Level
- Adviser / Executive / Officer
- Technology / Consumer Electronics
- Contract type
Terms & Conditions:
- Salary - £35,000 - £40,000 per annum (Dependent on Experience)
- A vast range of Benefits including Private Health and Dental Care
- Bonus Scheme
This role is for a stand alone Human Resources Adviser. It is a maternity cover for up to one year based near Old Street Station. Atrium Ltd consists of 48 employees across two different locations. It is a generalist role in which the suitable person would need to manage all aspects of HR as and when they come up for the company.
The HR Adviser will manage the HR function to provide full, professional, efficient and effective support and deliver the HR vision and people strategy for Atrium.
• Review and update HR policies as required in line with legislative and organisational changes. Communicate policy changes effectively as required including training managers and staff in the operation of policies and procedures.
• Act as the first point of contact for any employee relations (ER) issues.
• Ensure compliance on employment legislation and keep up to date with new developments in the law.
• Coach and advise managers on all HR matters.
• Work closely with the legal adviser's on certain HR matters requiring extra support.
• Advise and support management through organisational change (e.g. restructuring, TUPE transfers, contractual and non-contractual changes) including planning and conducting formal consultation processes and advising managers and employees throughout.
• Identify Learning and Development (L&D) needs for all levels of the organisation.
• Line management of the receptionist and housekeeper.
• Responsible for overseeing the maintenance and effective use of the HR database system.
• Implement employee engagement initiatives and review and monitor employee satisfaction.
• Manage succession planning.
• Provide advice & support to Senior Managers on recruitment, assessment and selection processes.
• Assist line managers in compiling job descriptions, person specifications and recruitment adverts.
• To sit on interview panels as required.
• Coordinate the appointment process for successful applicants.
• Ensure all staff have a Contract of Employment on commencement of employment.
• Support managers to create & manage a probation plan for each new employee.
• Create & implement an induction process.
• Manage and Coordinate H&S requirements for the company.
• Monitor, measure and report on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
• Liaise with the Managers to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development, and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives, purposes and achievements.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench-marking state-of-the-art practices.
• Work according to Company core values, policies, procedures and productivity standards
CIPD qualified or working towards
Educated to degree level or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Up to date knowledge of employment legislation and its practical application
Experience of working in a generalist HR role
Sound knowledge of employment issues e.g. absence management, disciplinary & grievance etc.
Experience in interpreting, advising and implementing policies and procedures
Experience of delivering successful HR support
Strong IT skills
Tact and diplomacy with the ability to deal with difficult situations
High level of confidentially
Ability to work on own initiative.
Excellent organisational skills
Ability to write and present information
Ability to build strong working relationships at all levels
The ability to work with discretion at all times
Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong IT skills.
Good time management with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise as necessary
Committed to the Aims/Objectives
Act professionally, consistently and responsibly
Maintain confidentiality on sensitive and confidential information
High level of commitment to and understanding of Equality & Diversity and the ability to counter discrimination