Compensation Assistant Manager
The Compensation team provides compensation support to the UK firm of around 16,000 employees. Reporting to the Compensation Manager, the role will be to support the team to deliver and manage the UK compensation strategy and all compensation-related initiatives. The role is a key part of the wider Performance and Reward team.
The role will be based in Canary Wharf or Watford, with travel required as needed.
- Support the UK Compensation team in the coordination and delivery of the annual salary and bonus review process across the UK businesses in line with firm-wide guidance and reward strategy.
- Providing compensation advice to client groups with queries on subjects such as reward strategy/policy, benchmarking, bonus plans etc.
- Provide strong analytical support for compensation initiatives and projects. This will include the analysis of data for the purposes of financial pay modelling, equality of pay reviews, and ad-hoc statistics.
- Source and maintain all market benchmarking data. Responsible for internal data collection and input into external salary, bonus and benefits surveys and ensuring that all KPMG’s inputs are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Understand and analyse survey output from electronic files and online databases as required and being able to identify trends and interpret this to internal stakeholders.
- Support and deliver on ad hoc requests for benchmarking exercises, market reviews and job evaluations.
- Work in collaboration with systems specialists to ensure that systems are developed and maintained to support reward activities, and the appropriate MI reporting is developed and delivered.
- Develop and deliver briefing sessions/WebEx to HR colleagues and key stakeholders on compensation activities and tools, in order to cascade guidance and new developments as required.
- Work closely with HR colleagues to ensure that knowledge is shared and HR colleagues are able to support compensation activities with their clients in accordance with firm-wide strategy.
- Building relationships with external stakeholders and suppliers (such as survey providers). Representing KPMG at survey user group meetings, and recording and sharing the competitor intelligence gained, as appropriate.
- Keeping up-to-date with market developments/movements and being able to interpret this to internal stakeholders.
- Proven track record of creating salary frameworks, involvement in salary & bonus review cycles, sourcing/collating market data.
- Excellent numerical and analytical skills with advanced Excel skills.
- Experience managing large data sets, with excellent attention to detail.
- Proven ability to deliver high quality reports/presentation and analysis.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to work within ambiguity and able to execute according to project plans with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to plan and prioritise own workload within a busy team and successfully achieve project-related tasks with relatively little supervision.
- A great communicator and influencer of audiences at all levels in the organisation.
- Working knowledge of SuccessFactors would be an advantage.
- CIPD qualified or Diploma in Reward Management.