Your new role
As the HR generalist you will be required to perform the full spectrum of the HR Process. The role will be a true generalist role and will require you to be involved in the following:
- You will be required to manage the full end to end recruitment process. You will create job description, advertise, source, interview and offer.
- You will be required to deal with all of the HR Administration tasks for the business. You will deal with all of the contracts, offers, on boarding, starters leavers etc and so you must be comfortable in dealing with general day to day administration.
- You will provide advice on any HR related issues as and when required up to and including dismissal. The business does have the use of an external HR Consultant whop can assist with more complex issues if required.
- You will deal with all of the absence management within the business
- You will take charge of the new HR System that they have implemented (Sage HR) ensuring that the system and the data are all up to date and correct.
- You will also manage the health and safety aspect of the business. Ensuring that you keep track of what checks need doing and ensuring that all of the health and safety on site is correct.
There may be a range of other HR duties that you will be able to get involved with. The role is new to the business and so the opportunity to grow and shape the role as you see fit is there. This is a brilliant opportunity for somebody to grow within HR and for somebody to manage their own workload and time.
What you'll need to succeed
- You must have experience within a generalist capacity previously. You will have experience dealing with all aspects of HR including recruitment, administration, advisory and training.
- You must be confident in working on your own and be comfortable in managing your own workload.
- You will have experience in providing advice to a range of staff and be comfortable in advising from the businesses policies and procedures.
- You must be comfortable in performing the day to day administration duties. The role is very operational and sometimes may require an element of paper pushing and so you must be comfortable in doing this.
- Having experience in dealing with Health and Safety process previous would be advantageous, as would having experience in a Manufacturing environment.
This role is offered on a permanent basis and is paying a generous salary of up to £30,000. The business is a small friendly environment and is a great place to work with a great culture. The working hours are 8-5 Mon - Thurs and 8-1 on Friday. There is an element of flexibility in these working hours.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.